I got dropsy.............

Sidecar Flip

Living Legend
20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
We all know I dropped the Rock in the parking lot of the cabin at ES. I thought that was my last time for a while. Not to be.

I was cleaning the bikes today. I figure I might as well polish the Rocket even though I can't ride it, 'cause it's sick but it ain't the Rocket's fault, it's the fault of some production line idiot that installed a bearing backward.....

Anyway, I got the Rock all spiffed up, parked and covered her up and got the Bonnie all polished up and did the same. Got to the KLR, washed it, waxed it and put it up on the bike lift to clean the chain...yeah, you have to clean a chain unlike a driveshaft. I get the chain clean and oiled and I start the bike on the lift and distribute the oil on the chain......you have to put the sidestand up (just like the Rock..we all know that) to put it in gear..... Well, I forgot to put it back down and let the lift down and over she went. I tried to grab it and wound up on top. I'm glad it only weighs 400 pounds because I picked it right back up but it got the left mirror, turn signal and the left lower fairing. Not a good day. Maybe the debate will heighten my spirits.:(

Sorry to hear about your dropsy Flip, but if you think the debate will cheer you up you must be a "glass is half full" guy. :) And whats with McCain yahoo news says"McCain gives up on Michigan in a major retreat. Can they count all his votes for Ron Paul.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your dropsy Flip, but if you think the debate will cheer you up you must be a "glass is half full" guy. :) And whats with McCain yahoo news says"McCain gives up on Michigan in a major retreat. Can they count all his votes for Ron Paul.:rolleyes:

You know things are bad in Michigan when......................

Friday, October 3, 2008
Michigan no longer land of promise for Iraqi refugees

Gregg Krupa / The Detroit News

Michigan's economy is so bad that State Department is sending fewer Iraqi refugees to the area because of concerns that their future would not be bright.
After a request by relief workers, the policy of bringing Iraqis to Metro Detroit if relatives or friends live in the area was changed to allow only those with immediate family to settle here, according to the State Department.
"The State Department has taken the measure of things and decided it would be better to send them somewhere else, where they might be self-sufficient, instead of coming to Michigan, because the economy is very bad here and we have the highest unemployment in the country," Belmin Pinjic of Lutheran Social Services of Michigan said Thursday. The agency is one of several designated by the federal government to provide relief to the refugees.

......Does that mean the population of Dearborn will start declining and there will actually be Deli's and gas stations owned and operated White Anglio-Saxon Protestants?

What a concept.

You can always tell when a middle easterner owns a deli or gas station. It's filthy and you do your transaction from one side of a thick Lexan bullet proof plate through a small opening. Really gives a good customer oriented feeling.....

Like I'm going to pay for my gas with a 50mm recoil less rifle or bop into the store with a LAW rocket on my shoulder....

On another note, I'm setting the KLR up for cold weather use. My Gerbings are on order and I've put on heated grips as well as a power outlet to power the electric clothes.

I see our fellow Rocketeer Ugarte has over 8,000 miles on his KLR. He must have parked his Rocket in favor of the KLR's fuel mileage and versatility...I can understand that, especially with him living in California. He's on the KLR forum quite a bit...

I should have taken a picture of the KLR laying there like a wounded pup.....pissing her fluids on the garage floor.........:eek:

I'm hoping the debate will end the day on a humorous note.
How about a side car, or a trike conversion for your Roc and KLR?;):p:D I came close to dropping mine in a parking lot one time...I thought I was going to **** my spine trying to keep that pig from falling.

Maybe its time to put some nerf bars on the KLR. I dropped mine going down hill at about 10 mph in the dirt and no damage at all. I have also dropped my Rocket twice with no damage cuz of the protection provided by the rivco engine guards and leatherlyke saddlebags.

Sorry to hear you got one of the bad bearing Rockets, yuck what a pain. I got one of the bad piston ring KLR's, it burns oil at about 1 quart per 1000 miles, that is the bad news, the good news is I constantly get an influx of new oil to protect the engine so that it won't wear fast and........burn oil...:D

BTW, Palin stomped Biden so bad he cried, that should lift any sane person's spirits.

Maybe its time to put some nerf bars on the KLR. I dropped mine going down hill at about 10 mph in the dirt and no damage at all. I have also dropped my Rocket twice with no damage cuz of the protection provided by the rivco engine guards and leatherlyke saddlebags.

Sorry to hear you got one of the bad bearing Rockets, yuck what a pain. I got one of the bad piston ring KLR's, it burns oil at about 1 quart per 1000 miles, that is the bad news, the good news is I constantly get an influx of new oil to protect the engine so that it won't wear fast and........burn oil...:D

BTW, Palin stomped Biden so bad he cried, that should lift any sane person's spirits.

I should have known you were lurking....

Those SW Motech bars are looking better all the time and my Rivco's saved the Rock and my leg in ES. She is a HEAVY *****.

Mine uses oil above 5500 sustained RPM. I'll be doing the 685 this winter...actually 2. My riding bud has the oil problem as well. Thank God for 15-40 Rotella. If I had to use the high buck Mobil in the KLR, the oil would break me.

It's still a fun. cheap to maintain bike and I may ride it to the RAA next year for kicks and grins.:eek:

We all know I dropped the Rock in the parking lot of the cabin at ES. I thought that was my last time for a while. Not to be.

I was cleaning the bikes today. I figure I might as well polish the Rocket even though I can't ride it, 'cause it's sick but it ain't the Rocket's fault, it's the fault of some production line idiot that installed a bearing backward.....

Anyway, I got the Rock all spiffed up, parked and covered her up and got the Bonnie all polished up and did the same. Got to the KLR, washed it, waxed it and put it up on the bike lift to clean the chain...yeah, you have to clean a chain unlike a driveshaft. I get the chain clean and oiled and I start the bike on the lift and distribute the oil on the chain......you have to put the sidestand up (just like the Rock..we all know that) to put it in gear..... Well, I forgot to put it back down and let the lift down and over she went. I tried to grab it and wound up on top. I'm glad it only weighs 400 pounds because I picked it right back up but it got the left mirror, turn signal and the left lower fairing. Not a good day. Maybe the debate will heighten my spirits.:(

Ya should have yelled I would'a helped uprite your KLR.
They say as you get older things like side stands and keys:D

Back