I DONT UNDERSTAND TUNE MUMBO JUMBO

kev

Phantom
Ride
MY2014 R3 Roadster
Im not a tech head and Im not a mechanic so all the chat about self tunes and pluging in cables that are a specific brand or type etc.. is way beyond my understanding, I recently purchased my 2014 R3 from a dealer it was already fitted with staintune pipes and I recently found out that the original filter in the air box has been removed and foam filters are attached to the throttle bodies they are tuneboy, is there anything I should be making sure has been done to the tuning of the bike to run these modifications.

Im not a tech head and Im not a mechanic so all the chat about self tunes and pluging in cables that are a specific brand or type etc.. is way beyond my understanding, I recently purchased my 2014 R3 from a dealer it was already fitted with staintune pipes and I recently found out that the original filter in the air box has been removed and foam filters are attached to the throttle bodies they are tuneboy, is there anything I should be making sure has been done to the tuning of the bike to run these modifications.

My low tech opinion
Is it fast or does it HAUL ASS? Quiet or NOICY! :laugh:

Hi Kev, the only way to tell if any modification has been done to the fuel mapping is to plug your bike into a computer and read what map is installed in the ECU. You don't need to be a tech head to do this but you do need the cable and the free tune ecu program . Maybe one of the Aussie guys can help you out.

Probably not as fast or loud as mine lol.
If you have standard headers you might just have a Triumph TORS tune - you could have a look under the side covers to see if there is a device called "Power Commander 5" (or PCV) - this device would most likely be doing some tune correction - If you have one that is.
This is me making noise

Last edited:
Probably not as fast or loud as mine lol.
If you have standard headers you might just have a Triumph TORS tune - you could have a look under the side covers to see if there is a device called "Power Commander 5" (or PCV) - this device would most likely be doing some tune correction - If you have one that is.
This is me making noise
Good to see you driving on the right side of the road. :D

Back