Stonkers441

.020 Over
Well after sneaking looks at at the R3owners site for the last few weeks, I broke down and bought a new '08 R3T. Still have an '04 1150RT, along with a '70 Norton S sitting in a box waiting shipment to New Zealand. Went through a knee replacement last year, and can't get my foot on the RT's peg comfortably. Unnerves my wife. I needed a 'couch' bike, and already had a Road King for a year. No power. Lots of $$ needed. I love this bike. Got the $1500 in accessories, too. Anybody want my two cents? Here they are anyway:

-Nice power. If it had an automatic, it would be a Powerglide.
-I got the Touring seat, but it seems to be way too soft for long hauls. Future Iron Butts will require something else. We have *****n Stitchn in Denver, I'll give them a try. The stock seat is not too bad for tooling around.
-I installed the heated grips yesterday. Got spoiled with the RT.
-I'm still not sure about the suspension. The front seems harsh, while the rears don't have good damping. Major complaints from my wife. Then again, I had Ohlins on the Bimmer. I emailed Ikon, and they have a set for around $620US shipped. The ride could getter better as the bike breaks in. Only 380 miles so far. It's freezing here.
-The stock windscreen is low for me. Luckily Clearview is just down the road from me. I'm 5'9", and am wondering whether to go for the 19" with a lip, or the 21" with a lip.
-50 more miles per tank would be nice.

Overall, I think I'm going to really enjoy this bike. I'm planning on lots of long rides in the future. I'll be looking for a top case. The Shad looks nice. The Corbin is way way too expensive. Probably weighs more than their seats. That's all for now. Glad to be part of the group.

Welcome aboard from OKLAHOMA.
Congrats.
Russell Day Long Rider is unequalled for long rides,
and they'll do the wifes seat at the same time.
At least that's what the guys who have them say.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new Rocket !!!

I bought my R3T back in February. 16000 miles since then and it's been a blast.
I just got word my Russell Day Long seats are on their way to me. I had the Long Haul Tour seat and both backrests. Not too good IMO. I hope the Day Long is as good as they say.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.....

Just got back from *****n Stichn in Lakewood Co. Nice guys, great shop. They think I might be able to work with what I've got, with a little cutting and adding here and there. Then there's the gel, heaters, backrest, ...... We'll see.

Welcome to the site. They don't make a red and white R3T because that skinny rear tire can't handle the extra horse power;)

Back