I came back, little catch up advise needed.

rikrok

.020 Over
After selling my Rocket 11 years ago, I have been thru about every make there is. With all the talk about the 2020 Rocket, my interest has been rekindled. I looking at a few different used Rockets in my area, and have a few questions on what has been going on.
It seems the only aftermarket exhaust systems available are $1800-2500? I had Jardines which I researched are long gone. I saw a few DYI options, but not a fan of the way they connect.
Also, I might go the way of a cafe style. I am a bolt on guy and not a fabricator, any resources out there to help me out.

Thanks Rick

I just picked up an outlaw system from British Legends. It replaces the spaghetti pipe underneath and also the mufflers (resulting in a cat delete). As I understand it, no tune is required for just this, but if you add a more aggressive intake, you’ll need to tune.

Rick,

Welcome back. There are still lower cost aftermarket systems if you keep the same headers that price in the $300 - $500 range. If you want to change out the headers then you are looking at Carpenter and Viking (@Paul Bryant ). lots of tunes to choose from if you want to try what others have come up with, though you may want to have your own tune done based on the age and wear-in of your bike. Some folks get the power commander V because that is what a lot of tuners tend to use, however the TuneECU program is still supported by many here.

Good luck on our search.

Welcome back from Miami! Where are you hailing from?
-MIG

Viking Exhaust.

B.jpg

Slip on twin muffler system.

3.jpg

Rick,

Welcome back. There are still lower cost aftermarket systems if you keep the same headers that price in the $300 - $500 range. If you want to change out the headers then you are looking at Carpenter and Viking (@Paul Bryant ). lots of tunes to choose from if you want to try what others have come up with, though you may want to have your own tune done based on the age and wear-in of your bike. Some folks get the power commander V because that is what a lot of tuners tend to use, however the TuneECU program is still supported by many here.

Good luck on our search.

Do not forget CES.
Great system at a good price!

Back