BanjoBart

.060 Over
I made a delivery in town today and most every station had gas at $1.86 a gallon. That looks like old time prices by today's standards. I hope this holds through the summer and I will burn up more than my fair share of gas.

$1.86 a gallon is the equivalent of 25 cents a gallon back when I was a kid.

At that low price, 55 dollars a barrel as opposed to both 75 six months ago and 90 as almost unanimously forecast by world economists three months ago, oil companies should be buying and stocking up. And they don't. Why is that? One answer (certainly not the only one) is that their refineries, their tankers and their tanks are at full capacity. To the point of over-flow. So are, in many countries, government-mandated reserves. Two reasons (there are others, no doubt) for that: One is that based on that doomsday 90 dollar-a-barrel-of-crude forecast, they bought and replenished all they could, both spot and forward, in the 70-80 dollars price range. The other is that this year's winter has been incredibly mild (except for the last few days) almost everywhere in the world. So what we might be all witnessing is an artificial (vs demand and supply-driven) and seasonal... and therefore short-lived oil glut.

The so-called energy fundamentals have not changed at all, have they? : Fossil fuel reserves ARE finite. China and India, amongst other fast-developing countries, are burning three to four times more oil than a decade ago, consumption from the Western World (US of A and Europe, average MPG again rapidly declining in America, according to Car&Driver) is certainly not diminishing, 4-wheeled "hybrid" Toyota and Honda conscience candies notwithstanding, production from both Russia and Iran is technically constrained, production from Iraq is at best three quarters of its pre-war level, the other OPEC countries are mortally addicted to oil revenues, etc.

Sorry. Jamie

Last edited:
I heard OPEC is allowing the price to fall in an effort to limit profits to Iran, thus constraining the funds to radical groups which the Saudies have always feared.:confused:

Our gas is 1.80 today.

Propane is 1.35. We just purchaced 8,000.00 worth this morning. Should last 18 days.:(

Birds of a feather

Our gas is 1.80 today.

Propane is 1.35. We just purchaced 8,000.00 worth this morning. Should last 18 days.:([/quote]
Would it just be cheaper to just buy the chickens sweaters?????

Got to have it at any price.

I see the forum is screwed up....you can't quote a previous post. That's all right.

8000 bucks worth of propane will barbecue a lot of chickens even though I prefer cahrcoal and so0me wet mesquite wood on top.:D

One thing about gasoline and diesel. You have to have it no matter what the price is. We can all crab about the price, the bottom line is without gas and diesel you aren't going to do anything. We aren't all Fred Flintstones, paddling our cars with our feet though someday we may be doing just that.

Probably the one thing that most of you don't realize and I've said this before and that is the trucking industry, you know, the trucks you all hate hogging the roads and belching smoke, bring you just about everything you take for granted, even the R3 you are riding and the toilet paper you wipe your ass with are passing the cost of diesel fuel right back to you in the form of a surcharge that's factored directly into those goods and services. So, next time you are driving down the highway and you see gasoline for say, $2.00 and diesel for $2.50 just remember, you are paying a good portion of the difference.

I see the forum is screwed up....you can't quote a previous post. That's all right.

8000 bucks worth of propane will barbecue a lot of chickens even though I prefer cahrcoal and so0me wet mesquite wood on top.:D

One thing about gasoline and diesel. You have to have it no matter what the price is. We can all crab about the price, the bottom line is without gas and diesel you aren't going to do anything. We aren't all Fred Flintstones, paddling our cars with our feet though someday we may be doing just that.

Probably the one thing that most of you don't realize and I've said this before and that is the trucking industry, you know, the trucks you all hate hogging the roads and belching smoke, bring you just about everything you take for granted, even the R3 you are riding and the toilet paper you wipe your ass with are passing the cost of diesel fuel right back to you in the form of a surcharge that's factored directly into those goods and services. So, next time you are driving down the highway and you see gasoline for say, $2.00 and diesel for $2.50 just remember, you are paying a good portion of the difference.

Flip, I had no problem with quote feature.

Back