Hunty goes sideways

mr hunt

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Roadster
20160920_144740.jpg
20160920_144718.jpg
20160920_144655.jpg

Banked over right ... touched down on the heat shield as usual ... next thing I know the shield disappears under the rear and the arse end stepped out big time.

Hasn't appeared loose at all but the fatigue in the top mounting bracket would suggest it's been cracked for a while :thumbsdown: (there is a case to be made for washing your bike more regularly than i do...maybe I would have noticed a loose bracket or some such)

Anyway...A near highside and severely puckered sphincter later here I am :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hope you're all good and its not long before you are zipping through the corners again.

Near High Side- could have been very painful nothing like a Triumph Rocket landing on top of you to spoil your day, a good escape.

Ummm yep done that once ... not fun.

I think I got lucky with speed, any slower and she probably would've gone down low-side

Mine broke loose and had to be tack welded back in place. Luckily i noticed it during a tire change. Hope your seat made it ok, I would have pinched a hole in mine.

Glad you are okay Hunty. That cleaning issue has surely bit me hard this year. Over a thousand dollars and still not running right. I am learning the hard way on this one...

Glad you are okay Hunty. That cleaning issue has surely bit me hard this year. Over a thousand dollars and still not running right. I am learning the hard way on this one...

I like to tell myself that a dirty bike is the difference between being a rider as opposed to an owner....it helps me sleep at night :roll:

I'd suggest your comment 'touched down on the heat shield as usual' may be an indicator as to the cause of the failure. As far as I know, those heat shields aren't designed to be early warning devices. Regularly dragging hard parts on a motorcycle is the motorcycle's way of telling you that its cornering limits have been exceeded.

Glad you survive the experience with no more that a bit of a pucker.

Back