Hunting for a bike lift that works

UNCLE JESSE

Nitrous
After tonight I have decided to either find or build a bike lift that you can use that you can "safely" lift your bike, and be able to work on it without pulling it over, If anyone has found one would you please let me know :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I welded up a 36" x 96" platform to fit on my 7k 2 post car lift and that is most definitely overkill but when needed it sure is handy. I thought I saw someone with a T shaped tire clamp with ratchet straps and a standard jack that seemed to work reasonably well?

I have the motorcycle ATV Jack but the way the weight is distributed on the rocket, If you take a wheel off of either end it wants to tip. I had it balanced Last night but the rear wheel was Wanting to bind causing the bike to slide sideways and come off the Jack. I am looking at putting something into the two holes were the center Stand mounts. That way it will be bolted to the Jack and putting a wider base on the bottom of my motorcycle Jack .

I have the motorcycle ATV Jack but the way the weight is distributed on the rocket, If you take a wheel off of either end it wants to tip. I had it balanced Last night but the rear wheel was Wanting to bind causing the bike to slide sideways and come off the Jack. I am looking at putting something into the two holes were the center Stand mounts. That way it will be bolted to the Jack and putting a wider base on the bottom of my motorcycle Jack .

Jesse talk to Hanso he made a bracket that bolt on ATV bike jack that hold it in place, works a treat.

I've never used a jack on the Rocket interesting what you come up with. I have a Pitbull Jack that i use on the Harley and Busa but not the Rocket. This photo might help you find the balancing point.

Attachments

• 100_2352.jpg
    100_2352.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 801
I've never used a jack on the Rocket interesting what you come up with. I have a Pitbull Jack that i use on the Harley and Busa but not the Rocket. This photo might help you find the balancing point.

ooooh!! that machine is reaaaal shiny how much time do you spend cleaning

Jesse if you have room for a table, you might consider the Harbor Freight table lift. I have one and it does the trick. I paid $299 for it with a coupon.

Back