Howdy from San Antonio Texas

Roket_Jon

Standard Bore
Ride
08 Rocket and 16 Honda CTX700
I'm 60 and been a bike rider for over 45 of those years. I went 30 years with no bike to make sure I survived my 5 kids growing up. A couple of years I purchased a Honda CTX 700 for commuting via freeway 25 miles each way to work fixing cars as I have done for the last 45 years, before that it was bikes, lawnmowers and TVs. I stumbled across the Rocket one day on net and new that was my destiny. After looking for a year or so I picked up a 08 Classic with 17k on it for real cheep. WOW! did I say WOW?...
Stock it is way cool, but I just can't leave it alone. I removed to catbox and the three mufflers and replaced them with a $34 cherry bomb and a slight downturn at the end I picked up from Autozone then added 2 feet of baffles to the inside (I think they were intended for a Harley) to give it some back pressure.
I then purchased a interface cable for TuneECU and started loking for that special map. I soon discovered that I needed to find one close and edit it to fit my desire. Map 20220 edited 100% secondarys all the time and no less then -1.5 degrees timing in the low rpms. The results are in first or second just twisting the trottle will result in the back tire burning out uncontrollably and from there you better hang on your going to 120 in a hurry or more if you have to need and it sounds great, not too loud and very big . Thanks to all the info you folks share! I will try to share any other changes I make and the results.

Back