Howdy from Maine, USA

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
Hoopla here,

65 years young, love to bow hunt for white tails, but during the summer months like to ride.

Love powerfull machines, currently riding a 2001 bonnie, modified to 994 cc, high lift cam, oversized valves, had her since she was new!!

Also currently own a 2014 Chevy SS, 6.2L, 415 hp/torque, corvette engine. Made by Holden in Elizabeth Australia for those of you unfamiliar with Holden. It's a Commodore badged as a Chevy SS.

So you can see that I like vehicles that can move out when necesary or not!!

Been test driving a 2014 R3R, but only in the parking lot so far, so not a real evaluation yet. Handles well at parking lot speeds for a big bike. Looking forward to testing on the open road.

Have lurked around for a while getting to know the bike better, the new electronics intimidate me for tuning mods. Not sure how one goes about loading a tune. I did a tune on the SS, maybe it's done in a similar way.

The R3R seems pretty quiet, thinking of the ram air type of change with TORs to get a little more character. There doesn't appear to be a lot of choices in exhausts. I definitely don't want it to be too loud. So I'll be asking around to see who has an exhaust that adds character and isn't to loud.

So I'm just waiting for winter to pass so I can further test drive the R3R, until then I'll be here learning everything I can.

Nice to meet you all!!

Hoopla

G'day and Welcome Hoopla from down under ,the Aussies have been making nice performance cars for a long time we have a lot of Rev heads down here and a fair amount of rocket 3 owners as well

hoopla welcome from Florida,màke sure to take your check book when your going to take the R3R for the test ride.

Last edited:
Welcome from a couple hours south of you (Brunswick). I've got a 2014 R3R (Gloss black/red stripe) and frequently get compliments and lots of questions since there are so few Rockets here in Maine. Although I know they exist (like unicorns), I have never seen another one in Maine. I was just PMing the other day with another Maine Rocket owner.

I am very happy with my R3R and am looking forward to installing the Ramair and TORS I bought when the weather gets better. Our short riding season here really sucks - I just go look at my bikes/ATVs and get depressed...

Got a couple good rides on the sleds before the weather conditions turned to crap. Hope it isn't another bust for sledding like last year.

Welcome from another Mainer. There are few Rockets up here, and lots of roads, so don't expect to encounter them often. I've seen two in the last 6 years!

Welcome and yes the stock Rocket makes a very embarrassing noise, and yes our Aussie brothers like big powerful engines but they are not truthful about the amount of Rockets on the small Island in fact going by the Rocket web sites Australia has more Triumph Rockets than people

Back