Howdy from Central Texas (Austin Area)

TheDMan

...wait, um....what was the question again?
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster Flat Black
Hello.
I took delivery of my 2014 R3 Roadster Flat Black two weeks ago.

My schedule and the Texas heat has kept me from spending as much time as I would like on her, but the first 150 miles or so have been a blast.

This has been a huge change for me. I only started riding July a year ago.
Previously I have been riding a 2013 Tiger 800 Roadie; very different from the Rocket for sure.

Full exposure to wind + torque of the Gods have had me hanging on and grinning!
I love the way she takes the curves and enjoy the straights as well!
I am planning some low speed parking lot drills to help me get more proficient and safe.

A couple of quirks I have noticed:
  • A loud clunk and physical (slight) movement of the bike when going into first.
  • Rough engagement of second gear. The drive shaft bumps into play; very different than third, fourth, and fifth - which are smooth as silk.
  • Right leg gets pretty hot after riding for a short time; cannot tell if it is coming from the action of the fan pushing air out there (but this is not close to the fan), or radiant heat.
Anyhow, I am completely not mechanical so I will be taking much more than giving on here most likely.
Not likely I will be doing much on the modifications sides either; it's got plenty of power for me at this time.

I am hoping to attend some of the meet ups and look forward to meeting some of you.

Image.jpg

Welcome D man , from one of the Aussies on the Forum ,nice intro and a tough looking ride, you will get used to the heat on the right side ,I just ride with my leg as far away from the headers as possible.

Dman...there are a few of us Lonestar captains. Next time u get the urge to ride just sing out...I can be in Austin in 2 hrs and my daughter lives there so I got a bed. Welcome aboard

G'day and welcome. Make sure you get yourself down to the RAAX - and bring her indoors as well. ;)

Another Aussie G'day .. you'll find the clunky gear changes will lessen as you put more miles on the bike .. also you will get more used to the shifting process. Heats also because it's new and running in/running hot. Solution is to ride it as often as you can ;) as far as 'no mods' .. we'll see :sneaky:

Back