rocketmini

Standard Bore
Just wanted to say Hi! Been lurking around the forum for some time and now I have a reason to ask a question.

I have an 05 RocketIII, love it, ride the hell out of it! Just got back from a 3400 mile trip up to Nova Scotia - bike worked almost like a charm.

Having battery issues. After sitting for the winter (without a tender on the battery) the beast was dead and could not breath any life into the old battery.

Went to the dealer to get a new battery, they were out of the Yuasa batteries (so he sold me some other battery, just handed it to me, I took it home, dropped it in and she fired right up - that was in June. Here is where my problems started. In August I started my ride from Cleveland to Boston to hook up with some other riders for the trip up to NS. Second day the bike started but we just tooled around town a bit for some photos and when I tried to restart it there was nothing. So got the Rocket running with a push start from the rest of the crew. Ran fine the rest of the day. Had the same experience over the trip where I had to get pushed a couple times.

So I finish the trip and if the bike sits for a few days to a week it won't start, battery dead. So I went and bought a tender and charged it up and she fires. Yesterday the bike again wouldn't start at the end of the day, leaving me stranded in Colinwood (bad neighborhood). OK, I've had it and need to get something fixed.

I noticed the replacement battery has a lable stating 270 cca (I think the original battery was 330). The dealer tells me that they should have charged the replacement battery before handing it over to me and that now it will probably only charge to 70% (like it has a memory - beats me?)

here's the question:

Should the dealer give me a new battery? :confused: And a Yuasa not the brand "X" they sold me (for $130.00 yes I paid it too). Because they're telling me that basicalli I should have known that they should have fully charged the battery before giving it to me (I guess I hould know what their responsibilities are.....duh) :mad:

Thanks a ton!

Jim
:D

Back