How would one make a diesel rocket?

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
@barbagris got my wheels turning about transforming out 2.3L beast into an oil burner in another thread. @Skililo got my mind working on simplicity. How difficult would it be to convert our pride and joy to diesel? I saw a guy build a V twin air cooled diesel chopper using a motor off of a hydraulic lift machine some years back. He ran it just as a turbo motor to get around in New York City. He claimed about 100 mpg with this motor. I have never really heard of anybody converting a motor over like this. If it could be done it would be really cool. What compression would need to be run to get it started? I looked it up online and it said that diesels run anywhere between 15:1-23:1 compression. I used to have 1st gen cummings and I loved the simplicity of that motor. The injector pump is the heart and soul of that operation and one of the more spendier components. I hope there is enough interest to keep this topic rolling.

@barbagris got my wheels turning about transforming out 2.3L beast into an oil burner in another thread. @Skililo got my mind working on simplicity. How difficult would it be to convert our pride and joy to diesel? I saw a guy build a V twin air cooled diesel chopper using a motor off of a hydraulic lift machine some years back. He ran it just as a turbo motor to get around in New York City. He claimed about 100 mpg with this motor. I have never really heard of anybody converting a motor over like this. If it could be done it would be really cool. What compression would need to be run to get it started? I looked it up online and it said that diesels run anywhere between 15:1-23:1 compression. I used to have 1st gen cummings and I loved the simplicity of that motor. The injector pump is the heart and soul of that operation and one of the more spendier components. I hope there is enough interest to keep this topic rolling.
YAWN

image.jpeg
There you go, get busy:)

Back