How to run your Rocket with no gas tank...

Torque addict

Supercharged
Ride
'05 R3 w/Aerocharger turbo
... should the need ever arise.

Mine hadn't run for six months so I wanted to get some fresh, ethanol free gas and Stabil into the lines and injectors before it sat for another six this winter. I have a new tank but don't want it on yet. This worked great! The handle worked perfectly for the return hose. It was great to rev the throttle and hear this beast run again, especially with the air intake off. Awesome! :D

IMG_3913r.jpg

IMG_3912r.jpg

;)That looks like a red neck gas tank to me... Who'd ever thought a gallon of gas would cost more than a gallon of milk. Be careful you don't burn the house down...

you might want to run a shield.
all it would take is one back fire and you would have a real cooking experience.
herman

... should the need ever arise.

Mine hadn't run for six months so I wanted to get some fresh, ethanol free gas and Stabil into the lines and injectors before it sat for another six this winter. I have a new tank but don't want it on yet. This worked great! The handle worked perfectly for the return hose. It was great to rev the throttle and hear this beast run again, especially with the air intake off. Awesome! :D

IMG_3913r.jpg

IMG_3912r.jpg
I always knew there was a reason I loved milk...is it best to run 2% or whole with all the fat in it?

That would rank right up there with one of the most dangerous things I have ever seen posted on a forum.

An open container with at least a litre of petrol, petrol vapour everywhere, and OPEN throttle bodies.

Sorry, but I see it as extremely stupid. Perhaps suicidal??

Hope you have a full length mirror in the shed, so you can watch yourself flapping around like a stranded fish, slapping at your burning flesh. Should provide you with a bit of entertainment while you die a horrible death.

An open container with at least a litre of petrol

More like .25 litres (10 to 12 ounces) and the bike would really have to be running like crap to backfire out the throttle bodies. It runs perfectly. I ran it about 3 minutes and shut it down. My first reaction is to say you guys sure are paranoid but I guess I see your point. I should've covered the throttle bodies or the jug.

Guess I need to change the title to how NOT to run without a gas tank.

Back