buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018
Hey!

I'm getting my headers coated by Jet Hot, got the new gaskets and going to install them when everything's done. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the old gaskets out, since they're pressed in there.. It's my first time and I want to make sure I don't damage anything.

Any tips on how to get the old gaskets out?

Header gaskets? I changed pipes twice. I don't remember any issues, not like a flat gasket you have to scrape.

maybe you got the one where they added the gasket maker thing...

... in which case, you may now need an scraper and
1631805471176.png

Most header donuts aren't too hard to remove. The torque on the bolts expands the ring, so you'll have to pry it out. Far as I know they don't use any goo-pucky on the new donuts (i.e. don't put any icing on it). The manual probably has the correct information for replacement.

Last edited:
Most header donuts aren't too hard to remove. The torque on the bolts expands the ring, so you'll have to pry it out. Far as I know they don't use any goo-pucky on the new donuts (i.e. don't put any icing on it). The manual probably has the correct information for replacement.

In regards to gaskets. Pretty soon I'm going to put the headers back on. On main thing that was told to me, was to have the headers sit on the system loosely, and after you put on the exhausts and everything, that's when you tighten everything together.

With the headers, do I have to left them up a bit, and then crew on the bolts, and when the bolts I screwed on, finish the job with a torque wrench? 19nm is the setting I believe.

Alright, just ordered

Looks like the toolset that I need. Just ordered it, will let you know how it goes. Thanks for this, much appreciated!

These are other tools I purchased for the rocket, they really come in handy, and beware of dropping things like tool's and bolts behind the TB's and down behind the oil tank, I lost the coolant bleeder bolt behind there and turned a 15 min coolant change into 3 hours, finally went out and bought another one, and don't even try to get it out with a magnet, it's not magnetic, got some SS bolts and washers on Amazon too.

Sutemribor 304 Stainless Steel Flat Washer and Lock Washer Assortment Set 700 Pieces, 8 Sizes - M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 Sutemribor 304 Stainless Steel Flat Washer and Lock Washer Assortment Set 700 Pieces, 8 Sizes - M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

HVAZI 135PCS Metric M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 304 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Assortment Kit HVAZI 135PCS Metric M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 304 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws Assortment Kit: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

And got a lot more stuff, check out pinwallcycle.com for used parts, I just about have all the sensors except the crank sensor. Enjoy

In regards to gaskets. Pretty soon I'm going to put the headers back on. On main thing that was told to me, was to have the headers sit on the system loosely, and after you put on the exhausts and everything, that's when you tighten everything together.

With the headers, do I have to left them up a bit, and then crew on the bolts, and when the bolts I screwed on, finish the job with a torque wrench? 19nm is the setting I believe.

Just whenever you tighten bolts up if there's multiple bolts tighten a little at a time, evenly, or it will leak on anything. In your case the 2 bolts on each header, snug them up evenly and torque them evenly, like divide the full torque by 4 or 5 and work your way up evenly. The rest of the exhaust is just clamps and hangers, put together leave it loose till you get it all together, are you getting rid of the cat??? You can get a decat on eBay unless you're exhaust doesn't need one, a complete system shouldn't need it, but you will have to retune the fuel ratios after, you can get tuneecu and get it close, download a premade.hex file and install it, unless you have a Dyno and know how to set it up, I don't that's way beyond my expertise, I didn't even read or research that part, I just had tor's on it when I bought it and the guy had it tuned for that, but I added a k&n box filter and the decat and installed Nell's tune from tuneecu, once I'm happy with the way it's running I'll change the plugs and have it set on a Dyno, enjoying it!!!
You will find a manual, and a lot of good info in idk signature, he knows his stuff, and warp9 is a God on here. Big ty to both of them 👍👌😉☺️

Last edited:
Back