How to remove Mudguard for rear backrest installation ?

Hatata

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph RocketR
The instructions say :

1. Remove the seats, as described in the Service Manual.
2. Remove the mudguard undertray, as described in the Service Manual. Retain the undertray and fixings for reuse.
3. Remove the left hand and right hand rear mudguard finishers. Retain the fixings for reuse. Retain the finishers for reuse if the motorcycle is to be returned to stock.

can anyone help me with Step 2? are all the fittings under the seat or do I need to get underneath the bike ?

There are two set screws under the seat that need to be removed.

Then just "unseat" the cover by moving it like the back of a TV Remote. It just slides out. Takes a little effort.

Goes back in the same, slide it into place, tighten screws.

This might help. You need to fold down the passenger pegs too.

IMG_0183.JPG

Hey Lamont,
Surprised you don't put a backing plate to keep the screws from pulling through the plastic? Thinking vibration might eventually pull through. Another thought might be Fender Washers....

Hey Lamont,
Surprised you don't put a backing plate to keep the screws from pulling through the plastic? Thinking vibration might eventually pull through. Another thought might be Fender Washers....
They come with washers in the kit. I was just posting a prototype pic to help the guy out. This plastic is very thick and I have no concerns of it pulling through.

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone. I chose to bite the bullet on the rack, backrest kit and sports tail pack. Planning a 3000km round trip at the end of the month and this will make it a lot easier to mount luggage safely and take it off and remount as the trip progresses. I appreciate the quick replies.

They come with washers in the kit. I was just posting a prototype pic to help the guy out. This plastic is very thick and I have no concerns of it pulling through.

I cannot wait for your XL Rack sir! I check your page daily hoping that magically all the parts will suddenly be available haha.

Hope you are healthy and safe with all thats going on down south of the border from us.

I cannot wait for your XL Rack sir! I check your page daily hoping that magically all the parts will suddenly be available haha.

Hope you are healthy and safe with all thats going on down south of the border from us.
I have a ton of parts for the R3 in the works. I'm hoping they all hit soon. Take care

I just found out we should have the rackets back next week from the powder coaters and then we'll do the accent cuts and get them ready to ship.

Back