How to remove and reinstall triumph accessory exhausts on the r3 roadster

chetalien

.020 Over
Hi guys, I'm getting my exhausts powder coated black. As the title says I need to remove my exhausts from the roadster and reinstall them when done. I'm not much into DIY but can manage things. I've to remove the exhausts and then refit them when done. Is it just undo the nuts and unclip or is there any special tricks to it. Also do i need to realign anything when I fit it. Cheers for your advice.

There will be gaskets (donuts) required for the install between pipes and head. My suggestion is take your time and don't tighten anything to spec until you have everything hooked up. You'll need the extra play to get the holes to align without putting undue stress on the metal.

Umm don't run the engine first...:p

i can verify this. i thought to myself... i only rode about 200ft from the garage to my neighbor to show it off and back. the heat shields arent hot. the manifold shouldnt be hot either right. .. wrong. i heard sizzleing and smelled burning skin. one of those things you only do once.

later,
Steve

I'd order new gaskets too,
Not the exhaust donuts, the ones that fit the pipes.
i've never had good luck reusing them more than once or twice.
One usually screws up at least.
easier just to have one or two on hand in case you need it.

Cheers guys, managed to get some work done today. I just cant the **** right side exahust off. The nut is in such an awkward position that the only way I can do is a scredriver spanner. I gave up, put in the garage and will attempt again.

..maybe a crowsfoot?..

med_crows%20foot%20wrench.jpg

Finally managed to get the exhaust off with a ratchet. Anyone know the part number the bracket(donut) which holds the exhaust. chers

Cheers guys, managed to get some work done today. I just cant the **** right side exahust off. The nut is in such an awkward position that the only way I can do is a scredriver spanner. I gave up, put in the garage and will attempt again.

Treat it as an excuse to spash out on new tools!!! ( sorry I have a compulsive disorder about tools! :wink: )

Back