? How to quick test if ignition switch is faulty?

cskals

.040 Over
Ride
R3 standard 2005
Hi guys.
I'm having a problem with my bike, and I think it's the ign. switch, but not sure.

How do I test real quick if that's the issue?

I'm working on a Motogadget M-Lock solution, but do to this Corona ****, it's hard to get a hold of one.
Until then, I'd like to be able to ride.

So if I can cut som wires and do a quick fix, I'd be in heaven :sneaky:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 94101313_651328775661684_7192476358436454400_n.jpg
    94101313_651328775661684_7192476358436454400_n.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 36
It is probably the white wire which has come unsoldered inside the switch. It is possible to take the switch apart and re-solder it. It is also possible to make a digital bypass, if you look in the link in my signature. Or contact @DEcosse for the best plug'n'play system.

It is probably the white wire which has come unsoldered inside the switch. It is possible to take the switch apart and re-solder it. It is also possible to make a digital bypass, if you look in the link in my signature. Or contact @DEcosse for the best plug'n'play system.
Thanks for the input.
The idea was to install the Motogadget M-Lock system, I will have it on thursday by mail.

But until then, I'd like to be able to ride :cool:
So my ? is, can I take the white, brown and yellow wire, and put a switch on them, and the 4 others together, would that work?

Thanks for the input.
The idea was to install the Motogadget M-Lock system, I will have it on thursday by mail.

But until then, I'd like to be able to ride :cool:
So my ? is, can I take the white, brown and yellow wire, and put a switch on them, and the 4 others together, would that work?

I can verify that if you twist the white/black and red and blue together in one bunch and all the others together in another bunch you will be bypassing the switch.

*correction: disregard blue, that is for touring only

Back