HOW TO GET MY BATTERY OUT...NEED HELP

Take the seat off. Remove the positive and negative terminal connections and then use your LEFT hand to gently lift the battery from its location. If your left hand doesn't work then find someone who is lefthanded to help you. :wink:

ok.....heres the deal...buddy of mine just called and wanted to know how to get it out...so i threw this post up after not seeing anything using the search function of this site...then i went and looked around for wire hookups for lighting and stuff and saw that ITS UNDER THE **** SEAT....sorry but didnt mean to sound too stupid but i was under the impression that my buddy would have checked there first before calling me...lol.....he thought it was under the right side cover or sumthing...sorry fellas

Bluemarlin said:
Take the seat off. Remove the positive and negative terminal connections and then use your LEFT hand to gently lift the battery from its location. If your left hand doesn't work then find someone who is lefthanded to help you. :wink:
OH! I thought it was drop back ten and punt!?! :lol:

battery removal from the service manual

1. remove riders seat
[if you want to take the little manual out so as not to damage it.]
2. lift up tool box at front edge and pivot towards rear [it will come off the seat latch if you want to get it out of the way( this is not from the book)]
3.remove battery strap
4. disconect battery leads black negative first
5. lift battery out
reverse to assemble connect ground first when you put her back together :D
I recomend you also read the little manual under the seat I am not sure its too freaking cold to go look at mine but these directions might be in there too. Its a small book but it does contain vital info service data and such good ****ter reading material
:lol:
Oh and watch the tool kit, it opens up easy and you will be picking tools up if your not careful :cry:

You might want to clip a 12 volt power source to the cables first before disconnecting the battery. I changed mine out and lost the odometer reading when the battery was disconnected.

At least record the milage before you disconnect the battery.

I don't think the odometer reading is stored in flash memory.

Tom

I know that you can download a service manual online for about $9. Anyway it reads that you should disconnect the negative side first and there is a strap that holds it in the battery box.
http://www.tradebit.com/
I think I found the manual on this website.

Back