How Satisfied are you with your New 2020 Bike

How satisfied are you with your new 2020 model?

• Completely

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Mostly

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • It’s ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not al all

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I really love my new TFC and wonder how you all feel about you new bike? There was a lot of misgivings voiced about it as it was being announced by the old guard on the forum. There was concern about the new electronics, the reliability of a new model, the look being to much of a copy of other bikes, the power it migh or might not produce, it is to small especially for larger riders and general bugs that a completely new model might have.

We have a lot of new blood on here now and I expect it is due to a completely new platform. What say ye guys, are you all pleased?

I really love my new TFC and wonder how you all feel about you new bike? There was a lot of misgivings voiced about it as it was being announced by the old guard on the forum. There was concern about the new electronics, the reliability of a new model, the look being to much of a copy of other bikes, the power it migh or might not produce, it is to small especially for larger riders and general bugs that a completely new model might have.

We have a lot of new blood on here now and I expect it is due to a completely new platform. What say ye guys, are you all pleased?
So far I really am. Read posts about oil leak, yikes!! Do not appear to affect all or many, but is disturbing to hear.
Still working on setup for me, wind, helmet, shield, phone cradle or not etc. All good.

Like it riding solo :) glad I keep my classic let son ride r3 me on classic it looks impressive to see it launch against the classic finally a run for the money it does pull away
But for your better half the larger classic is much suited plus it can carry a 6 pack not so on r3

Attachments

• 50B13831-DA31-4F8E-8859-49208AAE26C4.jpeg
    50B13831-DA31-4F8E-8859-49208AAE26C4.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 74E024C8-2320-423E-ACD7-4B02AF1ED230.jpeg
    74E024C8-2320-423E-ACD7-4B02AF1ED230.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 108
Like it riding solo :) glad I keep my classic let son ride r3 me on classic it looks impressive to see it launch against the classic finally a run for the money it does pull away
But for your better half the larger classic is much suited plus it can carry a 6 pack not so on r3
I had never put a passenger on the Roadster but I can see where it would accommodate one. I’d hate to make anybody sit on the back of the new one.
I miss the shear size of my Roadster especially on longer rides and occasionally the aggressive non refined character of the engine but as yet I can’t fault the new one, it just does everything better..
I do think the older model is a bit more roomy and has crash bars that would allow for pegs.

Hello,

I'd need a few weeks more before voting given that my R3 is still at the dealer. It would have taken about 5 and a half months between the firm order and the delivery (took just 2 mths for my previous bike, Indian RM) ! I estimate about 2 weeks delay due to the lockout plus 1/2 week for adding the Suntek film.

I've sent a list of items to my dealer to be double checked as I told him I will pick up the R3 only after every single item is reviewed, and a few of them came from this forum (thks again) :

- check no oil leak
- check if rear tire needs to be replaced (ref. Avon recall)
- check front tire (not out of round)
- check if of to replace the stock horn by a Denali mini sound bomb (else ? same as stock location or else ?)

Other :
- I'll have to check also whether the Triumph seat bag I've ordered holds well : when I've ordered it, the dealer told me that it does but not so sure after reading some comments from this forum.
- hopefully Triumph will add with some side protection and not to be fixed on the engine as it may hurt more than the contrary as my dealer (and other riders) told me...

I love the bike.. Last bike was a Harley Fat Bob and it feels like it was a bike from the 80s compared to this. I would say the only thing they could have done better would have been to make the TFT larger and a single tablet like screen. Would have pushed it over the edge in terms of attention to detail. There is a ton of info the bike can present you with including TPM, GP PRO, Navigation ..etc. would have been nice to have a larger form factor to improve on with software updates.

Last edited:
so far I have no complaints apart from Immobiliser light and key not found error. they just keep popping up all the time.
dealer said by next service they shall have the software errors cleared.
Never had older R3, but rode it and loved it.
This bike just needs a nice pipe to sounds better than sawing machine :)

so far I have no complaints apart from Immobiliser light and key not found error. they just keep popping up all the time.
dealer said by next service they shall have the software errors cleared.
Never had older R3, but rode it and loved it.
This bike just needs a nice pipe to sounds better than sawing machine :)
I was afraid I was going to feel that way but I don't. I think I paired to louder sound with power, speed. Now I have paired this new sound with power, speed. Which one has more, I think you know.

Back