How much would you pay a dealer to Tune ECU?

phatjoe

.020 Over
Hi,

This is related to my previous thread. The TORs are on the way, and I need to get the ECU tuned properly. There is a ton of information on this board, so chances are I’ll do it myself.

But, I did call the local dealership who stated it would be $90. Does that sound like a fair price? Just curious…

Hi,

This is related to my previous thread. The TORs are on the way, and I need to get the ECU tuned properly. There is a ton of information on this board, so chances are I’ll do it myself.

But, I did call the local dealership who stated it would be $90. Does that sound like a fair price? Just curious…

Sounds a bit ot, its a 30 minute job so that makes their rate $180/hour - does that sound fair for where you live.

TuneECU is definitely the way to go 'cos you will be using it for other things. Cable available on Ebay, tune for TORS available free from TuneECU site. If you have a Windows laptop you are home and dry.

Its really easy to use if you follow instructions, loads of people use it here so plenty of hand-holding if you need it.

im not sure fellas and hopefully somebody that understands this stuff chirps up, but i dont know of many that will custom tune a bike in 30mins. if it is just a flash upload then $90 sound a bit rich but not completely out of line.

What Trip says +1

+2

$90 is ridiculous for removing the seat and loading a stock tune. Get the cable for $20 from Amazon and load the stock tor tune with free tune ecu and also try the tune Tripp posted for slip ons.

Bloody hell - If the dealer is installing the TORS - should be free.
I agree. If the dealer is installing the Triumph TORS tune, and you are buying the pipes from the dealer, then it should be free - otherwise $30 absolute tops to install a Triumph tune with the Triumph tool. For $20 you can get a TuneECU cable and TuneECU software and do it - plus a lot - more yourself.

Back