How much time should a mechanic/shop bill to change & balance a rear tire on RIIIR?

JoshNYC

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph 2010 RIII R
How much time should a mechanic/shop bill to change & balance a rear tire on RIIIR with and without panniers? (I assume they don't have to take the exhaust off?)

W/Panniers?:

Without Panniers?:

Thanks!

Do you have the means to remove the wheel from the bike yourself? If so, I can comment. I once took the rear tire to a m/c dealer to change out a tire. They charged me $45 for the change plus an additional $25 for not buying the new tire from them.

I now take my loose wheel out to a local auto tire shop that advertises that they also do m/c tires. They charge me $20.

Now if you are not willing or capable of removing the wheel yourself, you are looking at significantly more $$$. I can't comment since that hasn't been my situation.

Doesn't help you a lot but hopefully someone else might benefit.

I pay 10% over wholesale for the tire (any tire) and $29 if it's already off the bike, $59 if he has to the it off

i take mine off $25 he said an extra $75 to pull the wheel.(on rear) at the dealer.

I have had many tire changes.
Usually when I ride it into a dealer or shop the charges are $50 to $75 for the front and $75 to $90 for the rear plus tire costs.
Removing you own wheels and taking them in is less expensive at $25 to $50 plus tire costs.
Most shops will charge a little more if you bring tires in you have purchased elsewhere.

My dealer charges $200 for the pair, on the bike, and I bought them from him. Now I buy internet and go to an independent who charges $100 for the pair. His loss.

My dealer charges $200 for the pair, on the bike, and I bought them from him. Now I buy internet and go to an independent who charges $100 for the pair. His loss.

Interesting that you are replacing tires two at a time?!?!?!

It shouldn't be much more than an hour, plus or minus 15 minutes, of shop time and that includes greasing the splines. All depending on their equipment and how diligent they are at what they do.

If you buy a tyre from them here, the fitting is free, regardless of whether you have panniers to remove or not. Most cases, Rocket exhaust do need to come off - also free. No appointment needed either. They have a dedicated fitter and generally get to it straight away unless there's a line up. Bring in a tyre you got somewhere else fitting will cost $20 - $60 depending on the rim/tyre/bike but could go to hourly rate ($95) if too much work is involved. Car tyres not a problem although they take longer because the guys are laughing so much. True.

Back