How much is too much PCV and Auto tune

Bondysbike

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket Roadster
I installed a PCV and auto tune following fitting DP shorties and airbox delete. I’ve probably gone in and accepted the trims about 5 times over a 500 / 600 mile distance. So far I’m pretty pleased with the results.
I still have couple of cells over the 5% trim....anyway...I’ve just read that once you’ve installed your base map and fitted PCV AT you should leave it alone quite a long time before going and accepting trims. The article said , if you go in and accept the trims too soon or too frequently you will end up with a map / trims that are too rich.

Is this right ?

Would I have been better to load the base map and then leave the trims alone for much longer as the article says , to allow the AT to build a good map?

I’m concerned now I might have over done it. Ie. Accepted trims too soon as the article suggests and as a result now be running on the rich side. I cannot see and signs of running rich? How would I know?

Should I now go back to the base map and start again this time waiting a lot longer before accepting trims?

Thanks for any advice!

I know stuff all about it, but my tune was installed and set up by the guru HansO himself at his home. I already had a PCV and crossover with performance pipes fitted by previous owner but fitted an AT200, CES headers and downloaded Hanso's tune and he set the adjustment trim at 20% range and it has not been touched 13,000 km since although I have had a bigger high flowing CES header and single sided muffler fitted since with another 3000 km on it now.

I was lazy and just stuck the AT200 power wire into one terminal of a fuse in the fuse box.:(:eek::sneaky::whitstling::whitstling:

I have shaken apart and off 2 indicators, mirrors and have broken my instruments mounts on corrugated dirt and back roads since but that little red wire stays firmly nestled.

Thanks for any advice!
Personally I found mine trimmed DOWN to lean more than UP to rich.

imo/ime I have found the best results come by looking at the AT trim numbers before blindly accepting. I would not accept ANY trims with less than 1000miles of sampling. Accept the first one. Then see what the AT does and also understand how the bike is running. And adjust the trim TARGETS to get what you are after.

RICH/LEAN - you'll know. If unsure look at the valves or plugs.

I would also STRONGLY suggest you look at MAP/GEAR and MAP based tuning as per the @Claviger article.
This made an immediate and consistent change to how smooth my bike runs.

Back