Towing

I tow a 450 lb camping trailer, just take it easy and watch your braking.
If you brake too fast or hard it can jacknife on you.The trailers tongue weight should be 10% of the total weight of your trailer, it took me a few runs to get it right.
I had to put a cooler full of good Canadian beer right on the front of the trailer to get the trailer to stop wobbling.
It tracks nice and straight now.

My Camper weighs in at closer to 500kg (900+lb) (no brakes fitted as yet) have towed it some major miles (approx 40,000km) I keep about 15% on tongue and have no issues you have to be aware that you cant just plough into corners as you would with out a trailer and always allow plenty of braking distance and use your gearbox and engine braking on going down Mtn passes not your brakes so much and you should have no issues

I pull a Bunkhouse camper a little over 500 pounds I have electric brakes which does make it nice just always remember to leave yourself lots of stopping distance. I also run between 35 and 40 pounds tongue weight

Attachments

• donkey-pulling-cart.jpg
    donkey-pulling-cart.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 269
My Camper weighs in at closer to 500kg (900+lb) (no brakes fitted as yet) have towed it some major miles (approx 40,000km) I keep about 15% on tongue and have no issues you have to be aware that you cant just plough into corners as you would with out a trailer and always allow plenty of braking distance and use your gearbox and engine braking on going down Mtn passes not your brakes so much and you should have no issues

:eek: I can't imagine towing something that weighs more than the bike itself.
Maybe you need to trade the bike in on a truck. :confused:

Back