How it all gets started

dragonjocky

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
Buy a new bike, look at a forum on said bike to become familiar with the options and potentials. Its all innocent enough to the untrained eye.

Then boom! Ya see a couple things and read about a power improvement or two. Then, $5000 and 6 months time passes and your intended daily rider touring bike is suddenly a passionate power thumping fire breathing addiction.

So off to the drawing board again, hours upon days and weeks of searching cycletrader, the dealers, internet research and mental masturbation seeking that perfect bike you wont be tempted to mod. Then when you think you've found it...........Go back and start with my first pargraph! Oh, and now you need a bigger garage. I love this life.

I am familiar with this particular sickness. I mentioned in passing something about making room in the stable for a different bike (not one of mine of course) so that I could pick up another project and the boss pipes up and says "Get rid of the one that you can sell for enough money to cover all the add ons"...what? I says to myself, nobody's gonna pay $50,000 for a used motorcycle! What the h3ll was she thinking? So I just mumbled something appropriate under my breath and kept polishing up her bike so the ad pictures would come out nice :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

mental masturbation seeking that perfect bike you wont be tempted to mod

You my good man are the official Poet laureate for this site.

Ahh! Bloody 'post-modernists', no rhyme, rhyme scheme, or meter and minimal alliteration. ;):rolleyes::whitstling:

But as a 'Haiku' it may work:
"17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons"

Men/tal mas/tur/bate
seek that per/fect bike you can't
be temp/ted to mod

Last edited:
Y'all are killin me. Funny stuff in the replies. Yeah, found myself looking at the intake and header/exhaust mods, knowing I already dedicated to a better touring seat. Boom, there goes the budget!

Ahh! Bloody 'post-modernists', no rhyme, rhyme scheme, or meter and minimal alliteration. ;):rolleyes::whitstling:

But as a 'Haiku' it may work:
"17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons"

Men/tal mas/tur/bate
seek that per/fect bike you can't
be temp/ted to mod

To hell with all the technical stuff anybody who can use the word masturbate as MrJocky did is a man among'st men.

You had a budget?o_O
Yeah, RIGHT! What was I thinking?

To hell with all the technical stuff anybody who can use the word masturbate as MrJocky did is a man among'st men.

Years of practice make a one a master of linquistics.

On another note, I had the thrill to embarrass a ZX-11 the other day in a light to light competition. Funny as heck, when he arrived at the second light he just stood up and waved off a rematch. These aren't the fastest bikes but they launch very well an pull like a freight train in the short stuff.

Back