How hot is too hot

Hughzee

.020 Over
Ride
2014 triumph R3
2015 r3 roadster my question is how hot is too hot?
My oil tank burns my left leg, exhaust burns my right.
Does anyone know what the temp is normally on a 2 hour ride outside temp today is +38c
It was still very hot when I was riding in the early spring outside temp +10

All year models of Rockets get hot in extreme heat after an hour or so of spirited riding. Here it gets Africa hot in August. Tarzan wouldn't ride a Rocket in that kind of heat. I never noticed the left side as much as the exhaust side on any of my Rockets. Don't forget to talcum up before the ride.:thumbsup:

All year models of Rockets get hot in extreme heat after an hour or so of spirited riding. Here it gets Africa hot in August. Tarzan wouldn't ride a Rocket in that kind of heat. I never noticed the left side as much as the exhaust side on any of my Rockets. Don't forget to talcum up before the ride.:thumbsup:
I belive I'm noticing the left side oil tank due to my foot pegs being all the way forward. I'm just worried the temp sensor doesn't work.

You could purchase one of these to use instead of your oil tank dipstick. Oil Temperature Gauge Triumph Rocket III | NewBonneville
I had one of the digital ones from Triumph but it only lasted 1 year. I prefer this analog one since you can see the temp at a glance.

1654111913903.png

Back