joey fletcher

My Son's Bike
Ride
Recliner
Just wondering, how hard would it be to change a crusier into a roadster and what would be the expense. Is this possible?? Just the foot pegs and gearshifter

With all this new found power I think it would be much easier to hang on to a roadster type bike

From a hole shot position I like my feet behind near the rear wheel. The fat portion of me is foward over the fuel tank
I am so old now that before I can get my foot to the shifter on the crusier I am well past first gear, so the bike is waiting on me.

Just a thought

assuming that "roadster" doesn't refer to the actual model, there are rearsets available for the Rocket. Should be a matter of bars and the rearsets.

Reckon if you want your footpegs further back you are better off modifying your Standard set-up. Roadster peg-rails hang lower than the Standards . Know that a couple of the Roadster riders round here have scrapped/groundout their peg-rails during hard cornering. I was quoted $2,300AUD to retrofit the Roadster set-up onto my '09 when i crashed it. They had to replace one side of my footpeg set-up under insurance so i thought it was perfect opportunity .. until i got the quote.

Turnning wrenches is all I know...Lawn mowers to Jet engines, printing presses to Co2 lasers. 44 years in the Maintenance field. Retired in 2007

Just a crazy thought I had and did search, but did not see a good answer

It would basically be a parts swap. The problem would be finding the Roadster parts at a reasonable cost. You would need the peg rails, brake pedal, shifter, shift linkage, and brake lines. I don't know if the Roadster has a different rear master cylinder or not.

Also.. I was just looking at a Roadster the other day. Yes the pegs are farther back, but Triumph has put a much taller seat on the Roadster to compensate for the leg room. I bet the Roadster is a good 2-3 inches taller than my RIII Standard.. and that's with me running a 55 series rear tire. I was surprised at that. I can easily flat foot my bike with knees bent. Sitting on the Roadster I was almost on tippy toes... I have a 32" inseam..

Back