How are the Flipmeister Stiffeners?

gsmitty

.020 Over
Yes I too suffer from Saggy Bags! no, not man boobs, just the Triumph leather panniers.

Do the stiffeners return the bags to original shape?

Thanks!
G-Smitty

Last edited:
Flippers stiffeners return the bags to better than new, Or at least it seems that way. Its the best cosmetic mod I have done. Spring for um and you wont be sorry. They come with complete instructions, (like two pages). But would you expect any thing less from flip............:rolleyes:

flip

i like flip's stuff,
his bag kit worked a small miracle on mine. can't really say any thing other wise. the man does his work right,and i really appreciate him for it. when i saw how well the bags turned out, i just felt a sense of relief. i haven't mounted his other stuff yet,but i have no doubt about what the end result will be. by the way,where the hell is flip? he's been kind of quiet lately. any body talk to him?

greg

Last edited:
I'm holding a set of those reformers until I can get them **** bags off. The SS button head screws are a PITA. His two page epistle mentions applying a no-seize lube when reinstalling the screws. I'll be sure to do it when and if I get them off in one piece.

It took about 48 hours for the stiffeners to fully return (after removal from shipping packaging) to their intended shape.

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Ordered a pair plus Brake Cable clamps.

Nice to know he's in Michigan!

G-Smitty

Hiatus........

I've been away for a bit. Some of it my own doing and some my ISP's doing. I've been very busy teaching at school. Seems as though as the economy tanks, we get busier. I'm busy with Flipmeisters too. The Pannier Liner/Stiffener kit is a big hit everywhere, I mean all over the globe. I've never smelled so much hot plastic in my life.

Despite the increase the Post Office has applied to shipping parcels, I'm going to hold my shipping prices where they are, as well as my product prices. I'm locked fairly tight on stainless (I bought enough 303 in one shot to last a couple of years) and the 6000 aluminum is stable. I've done some bartering on HDPE (Pannier Liner material) but I have to try and predict how much I'll use as I have to buy 30 4x8 sheets at a time (that's a lot of liners) My big problem is the Specialty Fasteners. There is only one supplier and he's very hard to deal with.

I've just about finalized my relationship with K&N Filters in Riverside California. Within 30 days, I should be a stocking dealer, carrying the complete set of filters for the R3, all of them including the crankcase breather plus re-charge kits and filter oil at reasonable prices, of course. I've also finalized my relationship with Blackrock Leather Care Products. Flipmeisters Specialty Products, LLC will be the Michigan distributor for Blackrock Products and I'll offer the complete line, especially the Blackrock Leather-n-Rich. I've used this product for years on draft horse harness, my vintage Brooks riding leathers and as of late, my R3 Panniers. It's like nothing you've ever used before, leaves no residue and imparts a nice, waterproof sheen and unlike Mink Oil, it's not greasy or tacky.

Stay tuned to the website. The K&N stuff will be first, then the Blackrock.

I have to confess something though. I've been riding the KLR more than the R3 or the Bonnie/Sidecar outfit. I'm getting 55+ from the KLR and it makes a nice back and forth to school bike. I have to ride the Rock every so often to get an injection of power though. The KLR is like a lawnmower without a blade.............:D

Purchased a pair of Flip's stiffeners- man what a difference!

I highly recommend picking up a set of stiffeners from Flipmeisters.com

You won't be sorry!

Thanks Flip!!

g-smitty

Back