How affective is this screen

Broadside

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket Roadster
Hi chaps I have one of these fly screens and have been tempted to remove it , as it was on when I bought the bike I don't know how effective it is , so is it worth having ? Cheers

Attachments

• 20180609_163637.jpg
    20180609_163637.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi chaps I have one of these fly screens and have been tempted to remove it , as it was on when I bought the bike I don't know how effective it is , so is it worth having ? Cheers
Totally worth having. It makes a diference to me! Takes the load off your chest. Especially useful if your covering some distance on the expressway.

Thanks for your opinions , with my fly screen and t bars it's a ball ache trying to put the key in the ignition ! With no screen I would have a fighting chance of turning it on !
Good idea, remove it and sell it to me as I just scratched my red stripe flyscreen ;):D

You can get a custom pair of stainless steel polished or powdercoated black flyscreen brackets that tilt the screen about 1" forward and makes key access easier. Available from Dave Gill at Rocke's Patches in UK and Toyota6510 on eBay. He is a UK R3 nut who has multiple Face Book R3 websites.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii fly screen brackets custom | eBay

He also has an XL version of the R3 fly that I have fitted now as does @1olbull and it is much more effective as a long distance screen.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp fly screen XL | eBay

Was going to mention that but you beat me to it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Rode with the fly screen off a few times adjusting the Headlights. Did notice a difference with it off. Even at regular highway speeds noticed a difference. Maybe not as well as a regular windshield but it does offer a buffer or sort. I like it. Not only fit form and function but it looks good. ;);););););)

Back