Hope y'all had a good Labor Day.

snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Hadn't got to ride all weekend long so I made it a point to get out this afternoon. Ninety degrees and mostly cloudy, a little warm but nice when the clouds covered the sun. I took several F.M. roads and just cruised for a change and took in the scenery. Tomorrow back to the grind but I can replay todays ride in my mind.:cool:

Dang.. that bike looks good set up like that. I didn't get to ride either, except for around the block just a bit ago. I bought me some of those Rocket III Comfort Shocks off of Ebay for $80.00.. and had to try them out. I think I finally found what I'm lookin' for!... :)

well i had a awsome weekend got on sunday with a couple buddys went for a 500 + mile day trip starting from my house at 5 am in milwaukee to southeast wisconsin to the mississippi river north to along hwy 35 witch runs next to the river to make a long story short it was a great ride and the first long trip on the rocket man this bike ran sweet !!

1297.3 miles over 5 days starting in North Carolina last Friday. Covered NC, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Last day ended this morning at 2:15 AM back at home. Longest night ride I had done since the 1970's. Got to see my family in Kentucky and celebrate my Dad's 77th birthday even though he is still in the VA hospital in Lexington. He now has a Triumph shirt to wear. Then on to Tennessee to spend some time with Rainman and STB. Dang great folks, GREAT food(by STB), perfect riding in them thar hills, and just nice being around fellow Triumph riders. Thanks again and again for the hospiatlity y'all. We were however very hard pressed to find a decent meal..........away from their house...I'll have to work on that one;). Yesterday was a total of 433.5 miles and my old bones are feeling it. I had hoped to have the risers mounted and the Kaoko throttle lock as well but it did not quite time out that way. SO my elbow, shoulder, and neck are sore but things should improve soon.

I don't think I would have made it if not for buying the AirHawk seat pad here on the Classified section a while back. I would fight someone over that pad.

I will be going Dark Side after seeing Rainman's perform up on the Cherohala and speaking with him, STB, NM Rocket and Gr3ywolf. Now I have to decide what tire I want to run:confused:.

I'll post a few pics later.

Rainman's Dark Side Yokohama with 4K on it before we took off Labor Day morning after STB prepared the best breakfast I have had in a long time, thanks STB.

STB ready to ride waiting for me and Rainman to get in gear. Rainman in house doing a rain dance that failed:p.

One Rocket is a conversation starter, three Rockets together is a movement and freaks folks out when they see 6.9 liters of muscle in one place. Up on the Cherohala, again. Can't wait to get back up in October:D

STB and Rainman lookin' high and low for the rain that should have been there;)

Did I mention the gumbo and the breakfast? My inards were doing a happy dance.

Keep clickin on the thumbnails untill you get it full screen, the scenery is fantastic and the leaves ar just starting to turn above 2000 feet.

Back