Holy Cow !! $$

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I have had some fluid leaking from the bike occasionally but thought it was just some oil out the crankcase breather and thought very little of but I took the 2014 Roadster in to have the brakes checked thinking the rear was soft a bit. The dealer said my ABV is shot and needs to be replaced. So it is brake fluid, huh? The cost is over 1500.00 USD just for the part and I am in shock. What say yee does this sound about right? Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

clean it up put your foot or hand on the pedal and find out where it is leaking.
may just need a snug up

Silly question; Can you just deactivate the abs? On my vehicles when the abs light comes on and i see that it will take major money to repair i just leave it be, according to the mechanics you still have regular brakes just not abs. i never had abs on a motorcycle until recently so i really don't miss it, like i said, silly question.

seems to me to be an 'extraction' of money that is way too high...see what i did there?....im thinking it just needs snugging up too or is there a seal in there?...might have shyte under it maybe?...how can a part like that get buggered?

Silly question; Can you just deactivate the abs? On my vehicles when the abs light comes on and i see that it will take major money to repair i just leave it be, according to the mechanics you still have regular brakes just not abs. i never had abs on a motorcycle until recently so i really don't miss it, like i said, silly question.
not a silly question
yes it can b deactivated (usually by removing the fuse)
but if it is leaking/or has air in system u would still have to fix the problem.
brake fluid going on to paint or brake pads real problem

I have had some fluid leaking from the bike occasionally but thought it was just some oil out the crankcase breather and thought very little of but I took the 2014 Roadster in to have the brakes checked thinking the rear was soft a bit. The dealer said my ABV is shot and needs to be replaced. So it is brake fluid, huh? The cost is over 1500.00 USD just for the part and I am in shock. What say yee does this sound about right? Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?
sell a pair of your high-priced cowboy boots that should cover it, that sucks but as said have a good look yourself and try to locate the leak you never know but I do remember you talking about the mechanic that you use and he seems a trustworthy guy.

Back