Hill Country Salvo

Native One

.020 Over
This has been posted on another forum I am a member of and I know a few of the members here wished me to post this here as well as I am also a member.

"OK Here's the official deal! The Rocket Texas Hill Country Salvo is now on boys! The date had to be modified by one weekend so mark your calendars and make note of the following information! The dates are: April 30 through May 2 or the 3rd if you wish to stay that long as I will be staying with anyone who wishes to stay until the 3rd for the riding!

The official location will be as follows: The Frio Pecan Farm located off Highway 337, just East of Highway 83 South, Leakey, Texas. Room rates are as follows: Sunday through Thursday for a two bedroom, 1 or 2 bath cabin, fully furnished and air conditioned, $125.00 plus tax; Friday though Saturday night, $140.00. There are also available for rent two larger houses for those who wish to rent a larger house with all the amenities.

Camping is available for those who wish to camp and travel trailers are permitted for those wishing to trailer but I do not know the rates. You will need to contact Michelle at Frio Pecan Farms to make your reservations and no deposit is required until January, then 1/2 of your deposit is required on a CREDIT CARD or a CHECK.

I have reserved one night of the larger open air pavillion but we need to discuss this to see if we truly want this as it is costly and we could have a meal catered if you so desire and I can make those arrangements in advance as well and figure it into a price per person. Please try and respond to my listed email address so I may keep a running list of who is coming and to verify if in fact we have enough people to actually pull this off!

The link to Frio Pecan Farms is here so you may call and make your reservations as I have reserved the ENTIRE PLACE of 17 rooms! Tell them you are with the Rocket Riders and the date of the event and the nights you wish to make reservations for.

The room rates are for the entire cabin and not per person!"

http://www.friopecanfarm.com/

Native One

Too early for me to commit. Probably can't do so till January. Sounds like great fun!

I think I am reading the prices as "per night" is that correct? Where the savings comes in is the cabin has multiple people splitting the per night cost?

Last edited:
Too early for me to commit. Probably can't do so till January. Sounds like great fun!

I think I am reading the prices as "per night" is that correct? Where the savings comes in is the cabin has multiple people splitting the per night cost?

Yes, the price is per night. If you look at their website they also have houses available with larger accomodations. All the cabins are two bedrooms and people can split the costs.

Native One

Ya know Tdragger, THATS a good thought.
we've had get togethers before where it was just us.
Riding, drinking, shooting the ..you know, just us,
but I'm sure our families would enjoy getting away and being part of this too.

All the rest of the family are in the Dallas area. One brother has a Rocket but my other is hard core H-D as is my sister and her husband. Hopefully I'll be dragging along, besides my Roc, another Roc, a Bonnie, and 3 H-D's, maybe 4. We'll see.

Sounds like fun count me in it will give me an excuse to visit my folks maybe even drag my brother along with his rocket also. Hopefully it will be a mild winter up here but I dont really care I know I'll be itchin to ride again by then after winter . I think I will take a couple weeks off to do it so at this moment in time count me in!!!:D:D

I'd consider it, but I'd be coming form AZ, so you'll have to talk up rides you'll be taking and make it worth the miles for me.

Back