fat frank

Supercharged
Looking at the Highway pegs for the rocket. They have a long and short set up. Is the longerone for extra tall people are for more adjustment.
Anyone?
later

Both really. I took them off my bike because I could have the pegs where I want them without the adjustable mounts. You can mount the pegs an inch in front or an inch behind the dresser bar with the standard bracket (depending which way its facing). I'm a bit under 5'11" and if you're around that height you possibly don't need them. If you're over 6' you might. They do offer infinite adjustment though, so it's a matter of taste. They also place the pegs an inch or so further away from the engine. Coming into my first Rocket summer I can see there are advantages with that too, especially on the exhaust side, in warmer weather.

I got a set with the standard mounts and set them up in the forward position. I am 6'4" and they work very well. One of my Harley buds thinks they look better then anything HD has put out as far as quality of workmanship.

Thanks for the answers. Still not sure what I want. Seems the longer one would allow for more settings and you could get them set lower, Being about 5 10, might help in the pull back department. I Don't wdant to be completely stretched out.
Do the long and std set both put you an inch away from the bars?
Thanks in advance.

I have the Kuriakin Longhorn dual offset highway pegs.
They have an infinate amount of adjustment.
I am 6'3" and have plenty of adjustment left.

Thanks for the answers. Still not sure what I want. Seems the longer one would allow for more settings and you could get them set lower, Being about 5 10, might help in the pull back department. I Don't wdant to be completely stretched out.
Do the long and std set both put you an inch away from the bars?
Thanks in advance.

The standard pegs can mount straight onto the bracket that attaches to the dresser bar so, in terms of distance out from the bike, they will be as close as you can get. Options for reach are to have the pegs either on the near side of bar - which is what I do and I'm 5'11" - or you can turn the bracket round a have the pegs on the far side of the bar, which sounds like would suit someone up to about 6'3". If you're in this range you may not NEED the other mounts.

The other mounts set the pegs about an inch further out from the dresser bar (good and bad) but will give you 360degree adjustment around something like a 6' circle and suit a much rider range of people.

All depends on what you're most comfortable with.

Thanks for the information. The adjustable ones stick out an extra inch. Good and bad? Would that be like doing a split?lol The DB's stick outa couple of inches past the radiator. I had better go out and stick my feet up and see how that would feel. But, the adjustable ones can be swiveled to handle any length. Is that Correct?
Thanks again for the input.

Back