Highway peg mounts don't fit

Mavreg

.020 Over
Ride
Honda CBF1000
I received new highway pegs I bought on Ebay, but they are 1.5 inches wide and my dresser bars are 1.25.

Is there a cheap and fast way to solve this?

Attachments

• IMG_8439.JPG
    IMG_8439.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8441.JPG
    IMG_8441.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 6
Thanks!
But are there any other options? Like putting a ribber pad inside?

I used these from eBay to fit that exact model of Dually pegs you have without the offset extensions which are not required. You can get 1" clamps and use the offsets on your Roadster footpeg rails with another pair of Harley type mount pegs for a 3rd foot position option. All cheap as chips from the same Chinese supplier of the clamps below. All the same products can be found on Amazon for a similar price but International shipping may not be free like my eBay seller below. If you check out their footpegs for Harley mounts they will all fit your offsets. I have bought heaps of sets from them and they are identical in quality to Kuryakyn who probably get these made by the same Chinese factorys.

Alternatively other clamps will be available or get a set of Fehling 1.5" (38mm) front crash/tipover bars Fehling
Crashbar Fehling Triumph Rocket III Roadster 10-16 silver
These are actually Fehling too just sold as 'US Custom' in Germany on eBay.
Extrem Fat Bar Schutzbügel Chrom 38 mm für Triumph Rocket III BJ. 2004-2009 | eBay

Aluminum Foot Peg Footrest Clamps for Harley Honda Yamaha Kawasaki 1 1/4" 32MM | eBay

upload_2017-4-3_9-39-29.png

upload_2017-4-3_9-38-55.png

I used these from eBay to fit that exact model of Dually pegs you have without the offset extensions which are not required. You can get 1" clamps and use the offsets on your Roadster footpeg rails with another pair of Harley type mount pegs for a 3rd foot position option. All cheap as chips from the same Chinese supplier of the clamps below. All the same products can be found on Amazon for a similar price but International shipping may not be free like my eBay seller below. If you check out their footpegs for Harley mounts they will all fit your offsets. I have bought heaps of sets from them and they are identical in quality to Kuryakyn who probably get these made by the same Chinese factorys.

Alternatively other clamps will be available or get a set of Fehling 1.5" (38mm) front crash/tipover bars Fehling
Crashbar Fehling Triumph Rocket III Roadster 10-16 silver
These are actually Fehling too just sold as 'US Custom' in Germany on eBay.
Aluminum Foot Peg Footrest Clamps for Harley Honda Yamaha Kawasaki 1 1/4" 32MM | eBay

upload_2017-4-3_9-39-29.png

upload_2017-4-3_9-38-55.png

That's what I have on mine.

I received new highway pegs I bought on Ebay, but they are 1.5 inches wide and my dresser bars are 1.25.

Is there a cheap and fast way to solve this?

Hi Mavreg

I wouldn't use rubber it will distort and eventually move. You could try going to an electrical wholesaler and getting a some 32mm conduit saddles (2 per side) cut the fastening legs off and you'll have two plastic half rounds of reasonably hard PVC. If your lucky the OD will be around 40mm (1.1/2").

As you only need to make up 3mm overall You could also find a bit of PVC pipe that's got a 3mm wall thickness. The pipe doses not need to be the exact size. If you heat PVC with a heat gun (carefully) it becomes like rubber, you can then mold it to shape, cool it (once cool it hardens up and loses none of its strength oddly) then trim it to the exact shape you need. Quick lick of paint and your done.

Either option is cheap as chips.

I work with a lot of pipework and PVC is quite workable with a little heat as it softens at 60degC

Good luck.

Back