High idle after riding

Msmitch459

msmitch459
Ride
2015 Roadster
Guys, I feel like something is sticking but I don't know what.
When I start the bike she idles fine. I ride for a few miles (10 minutes or so) she idles fine. after 20 minutes or more, when I let off the throttle she stays over 2K RPMs. This makes down shifting difficult. I can turn the bike off (using kill switch) and restart the bike and the idle is back at normal but only for a short time.
Just for grins I tried the 12 minute tune. However, the problem remains.
Any thoughts?

Do you have any tuning software so you can run diagnostics
Yes. I have it on my laptop but for some reason it will no longer link up. I tried it today.
I still have the app on my phone and I think can link in to see throttle position but I don't think I can change anything. I will look tomorrow when I have time.

Just went through that same issue with my 05 Standard. Changed tps used Android app to calibrate. Bike runs now. Fixen to put in a Hans tune then Ketty bar the door. We go riding.

Just went through that same issue with my 05 Standard. Changed tps used Android app to calibrate. Bike runs now. Fixen to put in a Hans tune then Ketty bar the door. We go riding.

With the app on my phone... The TPS was showing 1 with the high Idle and when I moved the throttle up the sensor moved with the RPMs... 2 then 3 and so on. This was with the bike worm and in the high idle condition it showed 1 at idle.
I will look at it tomorrow when the motor is cold and see if this sensor will show 0 at normal idle.
My research shows it could be the Idle speed control sensor, PTPS even the ECU. Without trouble shooting software it would be difficult to know what to change out. I don't think the TUNE ECU APP is the way to go. If I had my laptop linking up to the bike like when I downloaded the Han's map, I would be much further along.

With the app on my phone... The TPS was showing 1 with the high Idle and when I moved the throttle up the sensor moved with the RPMs... 2 then 3 and so on. This was with the bike worm and in the high idle condition it showed 1 at idle.
I will look at it tomorrow when the motor is cold and see if this sensor will show 0 at normal idle.
My research shows it could be the Idle speed control sensor, PTPS even the ECU. Without trouble shooting software it would be difficult to know what to change out. I don't think the TUNE ECU APP is the way to go. If I had my laptop linking up to the bike like when I downloaded the Han's map, I would be much further along.
Yes that would be the Primary Throttle Position Sensor. And clean all the linkages to include under the rubber boot on the stepper motor.
Yeller arrows

20160920_211333.jpg

20160920_211424.jpg

20160920_211450.jpg

Also in the first picture my fingers are pointing to the throttle body balacing screws.

Yes that would be the Primary Throttle Position Sensor. And clean all the linkages to include under the rubber boot on the stepper motor.
Yeller arrows

20160920_211333.jpg

Spent some time this weekend and cleaned this area. No change.

20160920_211424.jpg

20160920_211450.jpg

Also in the first picture my fingers are pointing to the throttle body balacing screws.

Back