Tyler

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi I was a member some years ago, still have my R3R much modified, it now has a wheelchair carrying sidecar fitted, it was made by Watsonian Squire in the Midlands UK. Nice bit of kit they made it pretty much how I wanted it.
New to sidecars so a fairly steep learning curve although I've owned the bike since 2010 so am familiar with it.
Wanting to go darkside (obs) and wondering about best sizes. Don't want to change the gearing particularly.

Hi and welcome back. I love the idea of a wheelchair carrying Rocket.

225/55 is probably your best size.

Check the link in my signature for some useful stuff.

Welcome back Tyler from Chesterfield,
Could you post some photos of your rig, there was a thread on here a few days ago asking about Side car set ups, so I am sure there will be some people interested.

Welcome back Tyler from Chesterfield,
Could you post some photos of your rig, there was a thread on here a few days ago asking about Side car set ups, so I am sure there will be some people interested.

20190731_154251.jpg
20190731_154441.jpg
20190731_154144.jpg
20190731_154255.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a few pictures there, since riding it home I've made a few alterations, the standard suspension is pretty soggy with the extra weight so I've put YSS rear shocks on and replaced the front springs with Progressives putting slightly heavier oil in as well.

I also fitted a twin headlight set up on the front bar of the sidecar mimicking the R3's.
I also have a Jerry can fitted as my wife's Bonneville only does 100miles before the red light.

I'm a left leg amputee and don't get on with the prosthetic legs I'm supplied with. So use an electric wheelchair most of the time. The one on the sidecar is a £150 Ebay special which I've fitted bigger batteries to and upgraded the seat. It's a 92' model but ultra reliable as long as it doesn't get too wet.

The electric ramp was built by Watsonian using the electrics from a home made electric sidestand I made.
The only issue with it is it's very wide. But I'm getting used to it.

Back