Hi guys, newbie T3 owner here after 30 years of HD

razordognick

Standard Bore
Hi guys, I have just purchased an 07' T 3 and love it dearly. However, a windscreen did not come on it and I take long trips and wish to have a screen for those and the upcoming cold weather.
I did purchase a really nice dark tinted sceen from cee bailey's and found that the holes were there and it was I guess, our job to use the hardware off the stock screen. Well.... I have no screen....I can find the fixing hardware but the structural supports across the screen itself is what I really need and then IF I were to run across the stuff to get it on there, I would lke to try and find a couple pieces to make it a clamp on and off deal. Between the uncomfortable forward handle bars and this problem, I see I have to do some work to make my screaming rocket ore comfortable for my own riding needs.
Any info would be greatly appeciated....
My name is Nick and nice to meet you all.

Welcome aboard.

First get a set of Rivco Risers to move the bars back 2 inches. The classic bars already have the deeper pullback (assuming the stock bars are still on it) so that will make the riding position more vertical for you. The cables and hoses on the bars will have to be moved to the back side of the triple tree if you make this modification. The windshield bits I'm not sure about. You might try contacting National Cycle to see if they have the bits and pieces you need (or want). Triumph sells a fixing kit but may not be the exact thing you're looking for. Good luck and welcome to the permagrin crowd.

Welcome to the forum.

Since you are so close, you may want to check out the Rocket Launch thread under the Before Events... forum. A group of us are meeting up in Maggie Valley Sep 25-28 for some fun.

screen

I should have an extra screen soon when I get my bike back from my accident. It's a "summer" screen from a 2007 classic tourer.

I don't know if I'm keeping my old one ( a couple small scratches), or putting my new one on. Either way, I'll have an extra in a couple days.

Back