Mike Sarsfield

.020 Over
Ride
2016 rocket 3 roadster
Hi all, just recently joined your forum soon after buying a 2016 Roadster which is my second rocket. Awesome to be able to browse through so many posts and gather info. Unfortunately I have just discovered a problem with my bike,it is leaking oil from what appears to be a pinhole in the cylinder head just below the cam cover and behind the camchain. I found a earlier post where another member had the same problem in the exact same place. At first I thought it was cosmoline but I have cleaned it off numerous times over the last two weeks and 900 odd ks and it keeps reappearing, I am now convinced I have a porous cylinder head casting. So heading back to my dealer to sort something out. Otherwise really love the bike, quite different to the Harleys I've been riding for the past 3 or 4 years. Look forward to getting to know some of you,it's cool to be able to connect with others who have the same passion. Keep the rubber down and the shiny side up! Regards, Mike Sarsfield

WELCOME to you from WA State.
@Wrecka recently had this issue.
I think it was gasket related.
Might check in with him.
Hi, I wish it was as simple as a gasket, but they are all completely dry. The wetness starts about 5ml below the cam cover gasket and the area above it between the leak and gasket is dry as a bone. I was actually a bike mechanic for around ten years at a dealership so know what to look for and feel confident in my diagnosis. Bit bummed out but will get it sorted one way or another. Not really keen on a new head though as then I no longer really have a new bike. Will update with progress as it happens. Thanks for the kind welcome

:eek: :eek: :eek:
That there does not sound promising for a fix.
New head perhaps? :banghead:
Best of fortune and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Hi Mike, where abouts are you ? I'm just North of Hamilton.

Paul.
Hi Paul, I'm in Taranaki mate. Just south of New Plymouth, nice little town called Oakura. Originally from up your way, but been down here for around 25 years now.

Back