Robert2901

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket Touring 2008
Hi everyone, my names Robert, am English but live and work in Germany. Took delivery of a Rocket Touring 2008 about three months ago and have just found your forum.
My bike is in super condition for the year. Have started doing small stuff to improve it optically, still haven't found a solution for the sound. Big bike, small sound, just doesn't fit!
Have already asked around and received a couple of tips. TORs as well as D&Ds. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Slowly getting used to the bike. Now only use counter steering as the bike is so heavy. Works well, surprisingly well really. One thing I need to change is the red ignition on switch on the throttle side. It's surface is so worn out you can't see the markings anymore. Anyone know if just the red switch can be changed or if the whole unit has to be replaced?
Looking forward to searching the threads for tips and perhaps getting to know some of you, if only in the chat of the forum.
Ride safe, Robert

You'll get so used to the handling that you won't notice it at all! Welcome from Virginia!

Welcome and as you can see we even let English join us:roll: why replace the cut off switch symbols mean nothing it is the only red button on the bike, find a big parking lot and practice on the beast you will soon be an expert(with practice)

Oh, and the switch doesn't need any markings...rock it forward for run...back to kill. For safety sake that should be totally automatic.

I assume you are simply bothered by the aesthetics.
Well the short answer is that you cannot buy the 'red switch button' as an individual new OEM part - you would have to purchase the entire switch assembly.
The only other option would be a smashed up used one where you could swap the button over.

Note also that the Touring Switch is NOT the same as the classic/Roadster switch (where the symbols are actually on the switch housing, not the rocker itself)

Welcome from Vermont ................another Englishman on a Rocket 3 tour 13

Hi everyone, my names Robert, am English but live and work in Germany. Took delivery of a Rocket Touring 2008 about three months ago and have just found your forum.
My bike is in super condition for the year. Have started doing small stuff to improve it optically, still haven't found a solution for the sound. Big bike, small sound, just doesn't fit!
Have already asked around and received a couple of tips. TORs as well as D&Ds. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Slowly getting used to the bike. Now only use counter steering as the bike is so heavy. Works well, surprisingly well really. One thing I need to change is the red ignition on switch on the throttle side. It's surface is so worn out you can't see the markings anymore. Anyone know if just the red switch can be changed or if the whole unit has to be replaced?
Looking forward to searching the threads for tips and perhaps getting to know some of you, if only in the chat of the forum.
Ride safe, Robert
welcome from Oz

Back