Wannbe

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3R
I'm in North Alabama and have committed to myself to own a beast. I currently have no bike. I sold my vtx 1800 retro last year and have been ready for another bike since. I have decided a beast is the way to go. My first question is to go new 2013/2014 or go used and maybe add power supplements. I ride 99% 2up and my wife loves the acceleration.

Welcome. If the riding position suits you, get the newest Roadster (2010+) you can. If you prefer your feet further forward, try to find an '09 with low mileage. You'll very easily turn into something that will make your wife squeal and still have plenty left to spend on those trips away.

thanks to everyone so far. I've been leaning toward a 2013 roadster new. I have sat on one and compared the numbers to the old vtx. It seems to be a great upgrade. I can hardly wait to ride it. I have a test ride coming and will probably purchase it after the ride.

US Ebay is a smorgasbord of used Rockets .. lucky you. Even the new ones are $10,000 cheaper than we get slugged .. win win :thumbsup:

Back