Hey all...long term Harley rider/wrench joining the R3 owners club

Hobo

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket
Hey all! Long-term rider and wrench of many Shovels/Pans/Evos/Twincams and even Jap bikes, boxers, and bricks. Never had a trump, but stumbled across an 08 locally that seems to be my style. Looking forward to learning a lot about her from the forum as I go.

Haven't picked her up yet, but here she is...

Welcome!

Looks like she's already been uncorked too! Did you take her for a test ride or was it luv at first site?

Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. I am also a H-D and Kawasaki guy. When I found the 2011 R3R and rode it I was smitten instantly. You will find your other bikes will be collecting dust. And you have found the right forum. The guys here are great with offering help, and excellent advice on anything Rocket related. Have fun.

Ha!

Well when you do get to spin her up, don't expect the rumble rumble you'd get with other cruisers. With a stock setup the RIII has best been described as sounding like a dump truck, but with your setup I bet she'll sound more like an import sports car.

Then you'll twist the throttle and forget noise is even a consideration. Be gentle that first time or she's likely to rear up and dump you all over the road.

Welcome Hobo. Where in the world are you ? It looks like the bike is set up like a Roadster. The Jardine exhaust is load and sounds O so good. She looks ready to rock and roll.

Back