Hesitation and engine miss intermittently

Truxx1956

Standard Bore
Ride
2013 Triumph Rocket 3 touring
Hey guys, I got a 2013 r3 touring. It's got PCV, Ram Air, and no cats. 22,000 miles. Been dynod by pro. Ran perfect but has developed a miss going down road. I have the display for the PCV and I can watch when it begins missing around 11 percent to about 20 percent. If I ride harder or less hard it does good. Can a defective TPS cause this? At first, I thought I'd got some bad gas and I changed it for some new from my regular gas station. It seemed to fix it but now it's back. It seems to do good when cold but starts getting worse when warm after about 30 minutes of riding. Also, I have secondary butterflies removed. If I replace TPS do I have to do the ISC thing since the butterflies are removed? I'm very confused. Please help.

Hey guys, I got a 2013 r3 touring. It's got PCV, Ram Air, and no cats. 22,000 miles. Been dynod by pro. Ran perfect but has developed a miss going down road. I have the display for the PCV and I can watch when it begins missing around 11 percent to about 20 percent. If I ride harder or less hard it does good. Can a defective TPS cause this? At first, I thought I'd got some bad gas and I changed it for some new from my regular gas station. It seemed to fix it but now it's back. It seems to do good when cold but starts getting worse when warm after about 30 minutes of riding. Also, I have secondary butterflies removed. If I replace TPS do I have to do the ISC thing since the butterflies are removed? I'm very confused. Please help.
My experience with tps is it over revs & not engine misses. Could be the old coil wires thing....make sure they are nice & tight, front coil a bugger to get at, but try them & crimp them so they are a firm fit.

My experience with tps is it over revs & not engine misses. Could be the old coil wires thing....make sure they are nice & tight, front coil a bugger to get at, but try them & crimp them so they are a firm fit.
I checked all Vac hoses and the one to the MAP was a little sloppy fitting so I trimmed it back and checked plug wires. All seemed ok but had one that was able to push down a little bit. I slightly turned the TPS and it runs great now. Hopefully, I didn't mess up anything by moving it but it ran perfectly on a long ride today. I have ordered a new TPS. Can I just swap it out or is there a specific adjustment and process?

I checked all Vac hoses and the one to the MAP was a little sloppy fitting so I trimmed it back and checked plug wires. All seemed ok but had one that was able to push down a little bit. I slightly turned the TPS and it runs great now. Hopefully, I didn't mess up anything by moving it but it ran perfectly on a long ride today. I have ordered a new TPS. Can I just swap it out or is there a specific adjustment and process?

Witch way did u turn it cw or ccw?

Witch way did u turn it cw or ccw?
CCW I think. I turned it one way and it wouldn't start. Whichever way I turned it made the display show a higher value percentage than zero. Like instead of zero idling it now says 4 percent now. I have the POD-300 for the PCV. It runs great now, even feels like it's got more power, hopefully I didn't screw up anything.

Back