Rocketned

Standard Bore
Ok I am a little :twisted:
When on the 2007 Rocket Run I was talking to a guy who asked if my bike had developed tick over problem, I told him no..............
He had spent £1500 to get the problem sorted.

By the end of the day I had either no tick over or it was irratic, a few months later Triumph warned me of a recall to re-map the EMU. Had this done prior to the winter lay up (yeah fair weather biker) When I pulled it out in March it was worse than ever to the point the engine nearly cut out on a roundabout. Had I not been quick with clutch and throttle it would have gone down the road.
Question
Am I alone; or are there others in this position? When I go for the re-re-mapping in June I want to be armed with as much information as possible.

Cheers

Ned

We probably all have different set-ups, which doesn't help.

I have Predator exhausts, undertank K&N & a Predator tune.

Every now & then, my tickover disappears, and I have to reload the tune.

All OK for a few weeks/months, then have to reload again.

Excuse me for asking for clarification of terms again gents. Is the term "tickover" the same as idle or does it denote an aberation or some such with the idle RPM? I've noted it in some of my old vintage Triumph manuals and always thought it was synonomous with idle but then have seen it used which suggests an additional meaning, i.e., a condition.

Tickover and idle are the same, tickover is an older Colloquial term. The issue I am having stems from an accepted fault within the EMU processor. I have had the remapping of the software carried out once but now the revs at idle are all over the place. I have to go get the remapping carried out again, but have been told that this doesn't happen once it has been done, therefore it maybe something else broken which I will have to pay for.
I want to try to determine if this is a design issue that is common, or if indeed it is tough luck for me.

Cheers

Ned

I am hoping that wiser heads than mine can come in on this one, but I have been told in the past that there are sensors on the bike that will 're-learn' the mapping if they're not disconnected. I'm pretty sure that is what is happening on my bike, and wonder whether this is the same for you?

Hi Rocketned,

Welcome....are you a High Beach regular?

Had a similar problem with my 2007 Classic, took it to North City in Chigwell, replaced a sensor and all is well, a very switched on workshop team who are very helpful.

Back