Sam fuller

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph rocket 3
Ive never had a problem with my rocket 3 before other than a flat tyre due to screws in the ride line, but this morning I tried to start my rocket 3 this morning, turned the key as normal and the usual cycle started everything seemed fine, the display showed I had 3 bars of fuel still. Held the clutch in and pressed the button but only got a single clunk. Didn't fire up at all the. Looked at the display again and says it's completely empty. Ive been to the garage and got some to put in for now just in case that was the problem but still hasn't had any effect what so ever. Has anyone had the same problem, is it my own stupidity to let it run so low or there another potential problem that I'm not aware of?

Check your battery cables make sure they are tight. I've seen loose ones turn nice fellers into demons until they find it. Not sure how old the battery is but if you find what you deemed a loose connection it might not have charged well the last time it ran.

Nine times out of ten a new battery will solve all those weird Gremlins.

My bike has always had a phantom draw on the battery once it goes below 12 volts it doesn't start. I keep it on the battery tender 24/7. The same thing happened to me a month ago. I thought for sure being an 2005 something needed replacing bought a new battery and I was good to go..

Back