Help with unfamiliar engine sound ?

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
I feel like im topping the bill as the forum pest:whitstling: thanks to many on on here the rocket is running a treat...only thing left is what i can only describe as a pinking sound which seems to come and go its up front around cylinder 1, engine start from cold ok then when warms up like its pulled something from the sump and it pinks and drops back down theres no regular pattern to it... plz tell me its not terminal :thumbsdown:

Have you checked the tensioner to measure the plunger drop? it might be time for the spacer.

Caution never try to turn the engine over while the center nut is out of the tensioner !!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for that Warp only just seen that message now, I will heed your advice Cheers.

Ha ha Haa your right it's a wonder I haven't been punished for my sins already let's hope it's not a can of worms, to be honest I've not seen the bike for 16 months of that, only wheeled her out 2 day's ago it has 39000km on it, the engine is nice and tight always given it the best fluids and care apart from the odd thrashing not happy till I find a problem lol an occasional faint tink tink on tickover when hot other than that sweet as torqued nut... Think I'm referring to myself there kind of sends you that way when you can't put your finger on the problem but many hands on here pointing in the right direction has helped me no end since joing the R3 owners. Net as I would have been truly up the creek in these parts thanks again for the input and support provided.

Back