Help with TuneECU reading map from 2014 Roadster

tribal

Moto Hobo Gypsy Vagabond
North America - presently touring the USA
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster
Hi all,

I am trying to Read/Upload a Carpenter map off a 2014 Roadster using TuneECU 2.5.8 from a Windows laptop (a brand new one but should be OK)..

I am connecting fine with USB but when I hit "Read Map" it has a popup window with a base map ID #20688 pre-selected but then says it is an
unsupported map type when I click READ??

I have not seen that error before... Has anyone else?

The Last six digits of his 2004 R3R ENGINE serial number are 606847 and I found this:
20688 (newer unrestricted version for TOR mufflers) has been replaced with 20776.

I hadn't heard of TuneECU having issues reading older maps?

I may try an older version of TuneECU.

Last edited:
I tried TuneECU V2.5.5 on another laptop and got the same error trying to read his 20688 map.

He did say that he had a new map installed by the local Triumph Dealer when he had TORs put on.

Q. Would Carpenter:
A. Not even modify the base map for the 240HP package?
B. Start with the map that came with it and make changes?
C. Put their own 20688 map on a bike with VIN over 574813???

If 'A', is there any reason to download the newer 2077X (20776?) map that superseded the 20688 one?

Bike runs great now BTW but Bernard wants the current ECU and PCV maps just in case it needs to be redone at some point.

Also, Carpenter did give him a 2nd file in addition to the PCV map that looks like it is for TuneBoy. Is that what they normally do? Big bucks for that SW&Cable...

perhaps the map in the ECU is a .dat Tuneboy map?

Carpenter maps are Tuneboy ime. TuneECU maps are .hex
Yeah, that's it then.

I knew they were different formats .hex vs .dat but I incorrectly thought that either software package could pull the current map off the ECU.

So that means they are putting on a rescinded/obsolete map on newly modified bikes???

In the hope of freeing us & Carpenters up from Tuneboy, I created a TuneECU version of the 240 map, it's in the resources section
Ah, Thank you.

This one I take it: Carpenter Racing 240hp 9000rpm map (TuneECU version) - Newer Roadsters 1.0
It says its the 20776 base with their changes.

So what and where gets marked in the ECU to indicate it was loaded with a .dat vs .hex file - the number just shows 20688 when read from the ECU with TuneECU.??

I may need help convincing Bernard to put this on his bike now but at least he will know about it if his ECU is ever replaced or he decides to edit it...

No problem Sleeves.

So there seems to be some confusion as to what Carpenter kit the RIIIR here has. I thought he said it dyno'd at 230HP so I thought it must be the 240HP option.
Now I'm hearing it may be the 210+ kit??

Anyways, @R-III-R Turbo is there a TuneEcu .hex file for the 210 package???

If not, We do have the TuneBoy .dat file from Carpenter that could be overlaid on a stock 20776 map or your 240HP one I guess (lowered 9K RPM max too?)

No problem Sleeves.

So there seems to be some confusion as to what Carpenter kit the RIIIR here has. I thought he said it dyno'd at 230HP so I thought it must be the 240HP option.
Now I'm hearing it may be the 210+ kit??

Anyways, @R-III-R Turbo is there a TuneEcu .hex file for the 210 package???

If not, We do have the TuneBoy .dat file from Carpenter that could be overlaid on a stock 20776 map or your 240HP one I guess (lowered 9K RPM max too?)

I just converted the Carpenter 240 TuneBoy map Bob sent me into a TuneECU version, I have never seen a 210 map I'm afraid.
That TuneECU 240hp 9k rpm map you have linked above is a modified 20776 map.

Back