Help with microfiche - Engine Number

Loanstar

.060 Over
Hey,

So, I'm looking at the exploded view for cooling system on the R3 because I have a very slow coolant leak at my pump, and I know what parts I need, but the way the engine numbers are referenced on the list are strange.

My Engine number (stamped on the engine) is 3382685. The last 6 digits on my vin are 386916...

Which should I refer too, the engine, or the last part of the vin?

Also, if you look at the attached image, check out number 14 on the right. There are two parts listed dependant on engine number but I can't tell which is lower and which is higher. They both have greater than (>) signs next to them.

Does anyone understand how to read this, or maybe I need both parts listed as #14. The exploded view shows only one part on the image but it is referred to as both an O Ring and a Seal in the list. I guess for the small charge, I could just order both.

My plan is to get the number 14, 15, and 16, and pray that the leak stops when I change this out.

Thanks!

Attachments

• fiche.jpg
    fiche.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Engine no 472649> means 472649 and later. >472648 means up to that number.

The O-ring/seal reference is silly, they're both the same sort of thing. It's unlikely that it is leaking anyway.

The usual "slow leak" from water pumps is the washer (Part no. 15 in the pic.) It's just a copper washer, available at any auto parts shop. Probably you can nip it up just a tad and stop the leak anyway. Worth a try.

Engine no 472649> means 472649 and later. >472648 means up to that number.

The O-ring/seal reference is silly, they're both the same sort of thing. It's unlikely that it is leaking anyway.

The usual "slow leak" from water pumps is the washer (Part no. 15 in the pic.) It's just a copper washer, available at any auto parts shop. Probably you can nip it up just a tad and stop the leak anyway. Worth a try.

Thanks for the tip on the diagram and the washer. I tightened the drain bolt a bit but it still weeps when the bike is cold for a day or two, just a teaspoon or so. I figure if I have to drain the coolant to replace the washer, I might as well do the seal too. From what I see on here, this leak is pretty common.

Back