Help to refit front wheel

Dalan

Supercharged
Ride
2015 R3R
Got something messed up. Too much of a gap between fork dropouts.

Manual shows a spacer each side. I assume the spacer which has a flange has to go on the left, ABS side. Left looking forward from the back of the bike.

Maual shows spacer on right, and a washer or a second spacer (Murphy stole them).

Can't figure how the non flanged spacer on right can seat inside the seal ring.

Missing a part? Unless it slipped off unseen, everything went in a container as it came off.

Assistance appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5573.JPG
    IMG_5573.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5574.JPG
    IMG_5574.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 0
Got something messed up. Too much of a gap between fork dropouts.Manual shows a spacer each side. I assume the spacer which has a flange has to go on the left, ABS side. Left looking forward from the back of the bike.Maual shows spacer on right, and a washer or a second spacer (Murphy stole them).Can't figure how the non flanged spacer on right can seat inside the seal ring.Missing a part? Unless it slipped off unseen, everything went in a container as it came off.Assistance appreciated!
Answered my question. ABS fits in as a spacer.Stupid is as stupid does.

Now messing with bevel box. 2 years, 7,000 odd miles. Manual says "a smear of grease" on shaft. Open thing up, like an operating room in there. I guess there was a film once.

High pressure moly, applied liberally. My old torque wrench, too long to use in space. Buy new one. Junk $&@# doesn't work.

I gather I don't want to break the housing, unless I want to see Triumph stock price rise.

Get wrench, finish tomorrow.

Don't ask me how the Dyna bead install went. Plug o' matic. Quantity of scotch needed now.

Anyway, looking forward to road testing Avons. Hope they shine like the (now) polished wheels.

Now messing with bevel box. 2 years, 7,000 odd miles. Manual says "a smear of grease" on shaft. Open thing up, like an operating room in there. I guess there was a film once.

High pressure moly, applied liberally. My old torque wrench, too long to use in space. Buy new one. Junk $&@# doesn't work.

I gather I don't want to break the housing, unless I want to see Triumph stock price rise.

Get wrench, finish tomorrow.

Don't ask me how the Dyna bead install went. Plug o' matic. Quantity of scotch needed now.

Anyway, looking forward to road testing Avons. Hope they shine like the (now) polished wheels.
When I add balancing beads I di not go thru the valve stem. I simply put the new rubber on and stand the tire up before sealing the beads. Once standing I slide a piece of 1/2 inch clear hose down pass the bead and feed them in thry there via funnel. One in and still standing I hit it with the air and seal the beads. Beats wrestling with the valve stem. And takes 5 seconds to install.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Had Suzuki dealer throw tires on. Decided not to mess with it, after using a jar and a half of Mother's polishing the rims. Next tire change will include a powdercoat.

The L shaped valve steams don't do much to improve bead flow.

Answered my question. ABS fits in as a spacer.Stupid is as stupid does.

One of the most valuable tools I've found in recent years when I'm about to disassemble unfamiliar assemblies or circuits is the camera on my phone.
'As assembled before I got my mits into it' photos have saved me more than once.

Back