Help reading the tuneecu maps

late2ride

Rocket roadster playing as a tractor
Ride
2017 Rocket iii Roadster
I have succeeded in making a minor change to my map adding a bit more fuel at 900RPM. Seems to work nicely. I'm flying seat of my pants however and would like to find a cheat sheet with some info on what the numbers mean. I am installing the stage 1 TTS supercharger along with headers cross over and CAT removed OEM muffler on my 2017 RIII Roadster. I ran a compare of a couple map files TTS-Performance gave me against my stock map and there are huge differences. For instance what do the numbers assigned for the F1 table mean? My stock map runs from about 500-13500 while one of the TTS tunes runs from 1000-23000... Also the I(N) map runs from -10 to 45 on both maps but the supercharged map has lower values for full throttle....

Welcome to the club.
The TTS map will have a lot more "fuel" (or quantity of air) in the F & L tables, due to the supercharger blowing more air in, and less ignition advance due to the increased air charge pressure courtesy of the supercharger.

To brain dump by current understanding of it;

The F tables are fuel tables, the numbers you see are milligrams of air (x20). The tables are indexed by throttle position in % and rpm.
The values in the cells are what the ECU takes as quantities of air in milligrams (x20) at that rpm and throttle position. E.g. 4000mg of air at 10% throttle and 3000rpm.
F1 is the table for cylinder 1, F2 is for cylinder 2, and F3 is for cylinder 3.

F trim is a quick way to 'trim' values off those in the corresponding F (and L tables, if you select it under EDIT and apply trims), without changing the values in the F & L tables. That is, until you choose to 'commit' the trims, and then they will be added or subtracted from the F & L tables, depending on whether you put in a - or + trim. Think iirc the trims are in % rather than value with a unit like mg.

The L tables are also fuel tables, but for low throttle % positions, e.g. 0 - 6% throttle. The table is indexed by MAP readings (i.e. level of air pressure in the intake after throttle butterfly), and rpm.
The values in the cells are what the ECU takes as quantities of air in milligrams (x20) at that rpm and MAP value (air pressure) in hPa. E.g. 4500mg of air at 806 hPa MAP and 3000rpm.
L1, L2, L3 work the same as F1, F2, F3 for cylinders.

The I tables are the ignition tables, indexed by throttle position % and rpm. The numbers are degrees before top dead centre (BTDC). As in how many degrees before the piston reaches TDC that the ignition is fired.
E.g. 24.2° BTDC at 10% throttle and 3000rpm.
I1 is the table for 1st gear, I2 is for 2nd, and I3 is for gears 3 - 5.
I(N) is for when the engine is in Neutral.

I Trim works the same as F trim, except it's for the I tables.

Air/Fuel is the table of target air fuel ratio values that the ECU aims to achieve (indexed by % throttle and rpm).
It does so by injecting the amount of fuel necessary to achieve say 14.50 AFR at 3000rpm and 10% throttle, based on the value of air quantity in the corresponding cell in the F table (say 4000mg of air in this example).

Idle table is the target idle speed (RPM) the engine is ran at, a dynamic set point based on engine coolant temperature in °C (being the only accessible variable in this table).
E.g. at 17°C coolant temperature the target idle speed is 1018rpm, but by 57°C it has changed to 850rpm target idle speed.

Second throttle table values are the % open that the secondary throttle butterfly valves move to based on the table indexes of gear 1 - 5 and rpm engine speed. E.g. at 3250rpm in 3rd gear the secondaries are 27% open.

F-L Switch is apparently the place where the ECU switches over from getting it's air quantity values from the F tables and moves into the L tables (rpm coming down) and vice versa (rpm going up).

Anywho that's my understanding, sorry if missed anything just typing out of memory on the phone. I'm sure the gurus on here will correct/add where necessary. Hope that helps

Last edited:
Welcome to the club.
The TTS map will have a lot more "fuel" (or quantity of air) in the F & L tables, due to the supercharger blowing more air in, and less ignition advance due to the increased air charge pressure courtesy of the supercharger.

The F tables are fuel tables, the numbers you see are milligrams of air iirc. The tables are indexed by throttle position in % and rpm.
The values in the cells are what the ECU takes as quantities of air in milligrams iirc at that rpm and throttle position. E.g. 4000mg of air at 10% throttle and 3000rpm.
F1 is the table for 1st gear, F2 is for 2nd, and F3 is for gears 3 - 5.

F trim is a quick way to 'trim' values off those in the corresponding F (and L tables, if you select it under EDIT and apply trims), without changing the values in the F & L tables. That is, until you choose to 'commit' the trims, and then they will be added or subtracted from the F & L tables, depending on whether you put in a - or + trim. Think iirc the trims are in % rather than value with a unit like mg.

The L tables are also fuel tables, but for low throttle % positions, e.g. 0 - 6% throttle. The table is indexed by MAP readings (i.e. level of air pressure in the intake after throttle butterfly), and rpm.
The values in the cells are what the ECU takes as quantities of air in milligrams iirc at that rpm and MAP value (air pressure) in hPa. E.g. 4500mg of air at 806 hPa MAP and 3000rpm.
L1, L2, L3 work the same as F1, F2, F3 for gears.

The I tables are the ignition tables, indexed by throttle position % and rpm. The numbers are degrees before top dead centre (BTDC). As in how many degrees before the piston reaches TDC that the ignition is fired.
I1, I2 and I3 work the same as F1, F2, F3 for gears. I (N) is for when the engine is in Neutral.

Air/Fuel is the table of target air fuel ratio values that the ECU aims to achieve (indexed by % throttle and rpm).
It does so by injecting the amount of fuel necessary to achieve say 14.50 AFR at 3000rpm and 10% throttle, based on the value of air quantity in the corresponding cell in the F table (say 4000mg of air in this example).

Idle table is the target idle speed (RPM) the engine is ran at, a dynamic set point based on engine coolant temperature in °C (being the only accessible variable in this table).
E.g. at 17°C coolant temperature the target idle speed is 1018rpm, but by 57°C it has changed to 850rpm target idle speed.

Second throttle table values are the % open that the secondary throttle butterfly valves move to based on the table indexes of gear 1 - 5 and rpm engine speed. E.g. at 3250rpm in 3rd gear the secondaries are 27% open.

F-L Switch is apparently the place where the ECU switches over from getting it's air quantity values from the F tables and moves into the L tables (rpm coming down) and vice versa (rpm going up).

Anywho that's my understanding, sorry if missed anything just typing out of memory on the phone. I'm sure the gurus on here will correct/add where necessary. Hope that helps

I was lost after the second paragraph,and you sent this from your phone? lol Don’t think we need to wait for the “gurus” !

I was lost after the second paragraph,and you sent this from your phone? lol Don’t think we need to wait for the “gurus” !
Good that will give Art time to go back and read his typing and make the needed changes. F-1, fueling cylinder 1, F-2 fueling cylinder 2, F-3 fueling cylinder 3, f tables are throttle percent and rpm. L tables one for each cylinder and are controled by the map sensor and rpm, the I tables are ignition per gearing . If your running 9000 rpms and oem shim buckets you sure are a gambler have fun.

Welcome to the club.

The F tables are fuel tables, the numbers you see are milligrams of air iirc. The tables are indexed by throttle position in % and rpm.
The values in the cells are what the ECU takes as quantities of air in milligrams iirc at that rpm and throttle position. E.g. 4000mg of air at 10% throttle and 3000rpm.

The values in the cells are what the ECU takes as quantities of air in milligrams iirc at that rpm and MAP value (air pressure) in hPa. E.g. 4500mg of air at 806 hPa MAP and 3000rpm.

THANKS!! This is great stuff!. Quick unrelated question given that you have gone down the supercharged road already.... I only got stage 1 with headers and xover, CAT removed from stock muffler. Have you had any problems with overheating in the summer? I considered the intercooler but got scared by it's looks (home made) and possibility that I might have to take off my crash bar highway pegs.....

I have a different inner cooler, radiator set up the arto but still done by Richard at TTS years ago you should have no overheating problems with or without.

Welcome to the club.

Hi, I remembered this great info you provided way back last October and am hoping you can answer a question about putting my bike on a Dyno. As per the TTS-Performance Stage 1 supercharger kit instructions we disconnected the map sensor. We've located a guy with a Dyno who wants pressure information from the intake (I believe boost as opposed to vacuum which was being measured before attaching the blower) manifold. Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I remembered this great info you provided way back last October and am hoping you can answer a question about putting my bike on a Dyno. As per the TTS-Performance Stage 1 supercharger kit instructions we disconnected the map sensor. We've located a guy with a Dyno who wants pressure information from the intake (I believe boost as opposed to vacuum which was being measured before attaching the blower) manifold. Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

Assuming he means he wants to just read it and not have it feeding some electronics, I would say use a 12v gauge who's range is just a little more than your boost.
It'll be graduated better.

E.g. if you have 15psi boost then a gauge with a 15 or 20psi face would be good.

(If you have no idea what boost you're running, tell us what size your 2 pulleys are and what your rev limit is)

One that matches the Roadster gauges;

You an also get a gauge that shows both vacuum and boost, so you have a better view of your intake pressure.

If you plumb it into where the MAP sensor was it will read your actual intake charge pressure.

If he wants to feed some electronics with a boost signal, things get a little more complicated.

Do you have a constant check engine light, or you using the TTS tuneboy map that the MAP faults are disabled in?

Back