Dark_Element

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring, Royal Enfield Thunderbird
Hi Guys,

I am new to the R3 world, still learning and would like to learn more from you guys.

I own a 2010 R3T, purchased it almost 10 months ago. I don't own a car and use the motorcycle to commute daily to work and other places.

I am planning to perform a regular maintenance on my motorcycle, this includes -
- Oil change
- Air filter change
- Coolant flush
- Front and rear brake pad change
- Relay check
- Fuse check
- Install/Replace Steble Nautilus
- Check replace battery terminals
- Repair/replace left rear indicator
- Seek help from forum members for some unknown gadgets

Please let me know some useful tips for a newbie...

I am facing some electrical issue/es with my motorcycle. When I turn on the ignition key nothing happens. No headlight, no instruments, no priming, no relay click. Only brake light is operational. Every time I have to reset the relay/ECU under the tank. I have to remove the relay cable ground and live, then disconnect the main harness. Headlight comes on, no priming though, it is good indication that she will fire again. I refit everything then she starts normal. After sometime it happens again. It has become embarrassing and painful process.

Checks done so far
- Checked battery by DMM and By Autozone battery checker, she return 13.1V
- All fuses and relays checked/replaced (I am keeping couple changeover/30A of spare ones in case....)
- It seems the EB kit is already installed on bike but I can see some minor damage to main wiring socket
- Ignition seems fine
- Terminals and cables looks ok, no practical battery parasitic drain

Your expertise and help is really needed. I'll start the maintenance around 9.30AM EST. I'll keep you guys posted...

Thanks!
Dark Ele

Welcome to the forum and from Australia. There is plenty of reading and information on here about all sorts of things and plenty of top guys who will most likely pitch in about your issue. I mostly also use mine as my main work commute but if the weather is miserable I do take the car due to too many retarded drivers when it rains here. Enjoy your ride.

Welcome to the forum and from Australia. There is plenty of reading and information on here about all sorts of things and plenty of top guys who will most likely pitch in about your issue. I mostly also use mine as my main work commute but if the weather is miserable I do take the car due to too many retarded drivers when it rains here. Enjoy your ride.

Wondering if you are anywhere near @TOMCAT and if you know if he is OK?

It's raining....I guess I have to start with breakepads...

Attachments

• IMG_4336.JPG
    IMG_4336.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 1
image.jpg
She fired right away!!!! Still need to identify the root cause...need help with trouble shooting guys

Back