Help needed please!

mully95

Living Legend
Ride
Roadster
Not long ago I found a nail in my rear tire and it leaks. I have since then purchased a car tire to replace the nail filled motorcycle tire.
I finally got my 2010 Roadster up in the air ready to remove the rear tire.
I have the service manual for our R3s up to 2009 but it does not cover the 2010 Roadster model.
It does cover "general" procedures but not what I am facing.
The Roadster has the huge mufflers on it ( one on each side)and to remove the spindle so the tire and wheel can come out is not going to happen with the mufflers still installed on the bike.

Do I remove the mufflers or remove the shocks therefore letting the swingarm come down enough to remove the spindle?

Anyone change a 2010 Roadster rear tire or know someone that has please let me know.

Your help like always is greatly appreciated!

I would guess its like the R3T which also has twin mufflers. In which case you need to remove the muffler to remove the wheel.

I would guess its like the R3T which also has twin mufflers. In which case you need to remove the muffler to remove the wheel.

Thanks .... you're right.
My neighbor and I removed the mufflers, slid out the spindle, and removed the tire.
I hit the panic button a little early after I got the bike off the floor and realized that spindle just wasn't going to slide out with those mufflers in the way. I thought it would be a can of worms to remove the mufflers but I had them off in no time.

On my 05 standard, I just unbolt the lower right exhaust attach bracket and rotate the exhaust downward, making way for the spindle to come out. No need to remove the exhaust at all.

On my 05 standard, I just unbolt the lower right exhaust attach bracket and rotate the exhaust downward, making way for the spindle to come out. No need to remove the exhaust at all.

Yeah I'm not to familiar with the older R3s but it sounds it is easier to change the tire on them compared to the behemoth monsters I have to deal with.

The real fun is putting the huge 240 tire back on. Don't forget to first grease the splines. Fresh rear meat on a Rocket III is one of the great pleasures in life.

............massive motor, massive plumbing.:eek:

I know there are lot of people who don't like the size but I just love the way they look. I'm not just saying that because I have them on my bike.

Compared to the older models with 3 pipes Triumph definitely went in the right direction.

Back